Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
MEDIEVAL NIGHT
20 Posts
Hello Celine,
We were at the Cristal Park at the end of January 2005. Yes they still do the free Medeival night with free transfers.
All the best,
Fred.
Good night out, kids and adults will like it
Rosie
each time i've been to benidorm I've heard about this medieval night, although i've never been. Has anyone been and if so do you think a group of people aged between 17 and 21 would like it? :shrug
We,ve never been either but friends of ours went and really enjoyed it. They had mixed ages in their group. :D
Tis a fairly good night but things to watch for!
Our rep told us we could only book through reps not direct.
Most of the coaches leave at the end of the show (just after 11) even though there is a rockin' disco with bar in full swing.

You are led in (after the obligatory photos) and sat down. The drinks are in the jugs on the tables, beer sangria and orange for the kids. These are replenished as soon as they run low but if you are near the wrong jugs . unlucky cos they wont bring an alternative. We didn't get a smile out of our waitress all evening and we weren't rude or obnoxious, just a quiet family.

Take as much food as you can because they do not really give you a second chance. At the end of the food they remove the jugs regardless of whether they are full or not. They got quite upset when I sat there drinking mine before I gave it back. (basically because I was spreading my consumption out and didn't realise the evening finished so early. I didn't get to finish even one small jug!) You then go through the dungeons and up into the disco.

Just as you get into it the rep taps you on the shoulder - time to go!

Some hotels give this as a freebie but we had to pay so the vfm was questionable.
tis rather expensive for what it is in short.... well thats my opinion anywyas...went when it was a lot cheaper..better value for money..if its free..go for it..if it aint..dont bother in short...
thanks everyone but still i'm undecided on wether or not to go yet :hmmm xxxxxxxxx
We went last Friday (08/04/05) and 17-21 year olds should enjoy it.

It was 35 euros booked through tourist information and only open currently at the weekend. The show started about 8:30pm and finished by 10:30 so it isn't the longest. If you want to make full use of the 'free' beer turn up earlier as the drinks are on the table (You can also use this time to swap the jugs so you get your prefered drink next to you).

The worst thing is how they cram you all in - there is little room to move - and don't plan to need to toilet mid-show as getting out of your seat is not the easiest.

All said and done, we enjoyed it. My 5yo rates it above getting his photo with a dolphin at Mundomar (although only just).

DP
thanks we might aswell go cos its on early enough we don't usually go out until around midnight so we can always go out after xxxx :P
Jill

We went to the Medieval night last May on a freebie with Mytravel. We had a free coach which took forever to get there as it had several other pick ups on route, we arrived 45 mins before the place opened so wasnt very happy at this stage as missing out on valuable drinking time. After the doors opened everyone just queued for what seemed like ages cos everyone has to have there photo taken with the King and Queen we were being shown to our seats when my husband had an asthma attack and it was only then we were told that the place wasnt suitable for asthmatics, so it then costs us 12 euros in a cab to get back to the hotel, so all in all I cant say we enjoyed it.
Hi Jill

Went a a couple of years ago it was free because we stayed in an amigos hotel. "Personally" I thought it was rubbish and would have felt really let down if we had paid to go.

Liz
We went to the Medieval night in May 2002.

Please be aware that it is not a suitable environment for anyone with asthma, or other breathing problems.

Same as Bevsmith, I had to take my little boy back to the hotel via taxi because of an attack.

No one at the venue (reps, staff etc) offered any assistance with the traumatic experience with my son. Once outside, I found a couple of young teenagers, also in the throes of asthma attacks and no-one to help them.

Very distressing evening for us, but I would imagine could be very enjoyable for the fit and healthy.

Carol
Hi Carol

Sorry to hear about the experiences with your son, but in some way you have helped as it obviously is not told to people before they book, as it wasnt with us. We complained when we got back to the rep at the hotel but she just said we should have asked for a seat higher up, the problem was we had only just gone through the door when this happened so we wouldnt have made it to the seats at the front or the back. I think this is something that needs highlighting to everyone. We obviously will never be trying it again.
We too went as a freebee with amigo's & glad it was, cos though it was ok I wouldn't like to think I'd paid for it. I was most put out when the clock struck 10 our beer was snatched away from us! Save your money and go to see one of the many Caberet shows in the bars ..for free
we went for free as we were in all inclusive hotel, but i would not pay to go, as others have said, you are rushed out at the end, the food is not too good, wine ok. i think we paid more for the photos than anything else,, if its free go, if not dont. but there again everyone has different ideas on fun!!! :twisted:
We also went free wih the Amigos group and had a brilliant time. Food and drink good and kids love it because they are encouraged to shout and cheer as loud as they can. Would definately go back. Great for familys.
If your staying at an Amigos hotel it's free so worth a look.

We've been three times (travelled with different friends). The first time was great!!

The show is the same every year and once you've seen it you've seen it.

It's good for the kid's though and it's basically what you make it.

If you cast all your inhibitions and yell for your Knight you'll have a good time. If you sit in silence all night then you probably would be bored stiff.

Don't know how much they're charging at the moment but wouldn't pay much over 20 EUR each included transport.
Sorry if I sound a bit stupid but is there a Medieval Night in Benidorm? I'm sure I've seen adverts for it but can't find any info out :oops:
Does anyone know any info on it, like where it is exactly and how to book it (if it does exsist!!!)

EDIT: Merged with previous topic, which may provide a little info while you wait for some more recent feedback
David HT Mod
Thanks for putting in the right place David.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.