Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Medieval night
33 Posts
I'm also interested in seeing this show, but would like to DIY it, ie taxi there, see show and taxi back, as I don't think our kids would be interested in the Drifters after the main event and also I believe the coaches drop off at loads of hotels and it takes forever to get there/home.

Just wondering how to buy tickets for just the event and not a "package". Any info appreciated.
Medieval is a fab night out. I have done this excursion many times. The price has now gone up to 52 euros but there is a little excursion shop just round the corner from where you are staying. It is opposite the Jardin tropical in a little shopping centre. They do the price for 49 euros which includes transport. :D
As far as i know the drifters is only for about 1hr then it is back on the coach.
the drifters arent on anymore, they have an acrobatictype show and contortionist now :D
no they are'nt. they split up a while ago and are all doing different things.
We've been twice & the first time got the coach - it was best because you then go involved in the show before you even arrived, the tour guide gave us the "lovely" tabbards on the way and prepared us for the show.
The second time we just went to the castle doorway and bought tickets a couple of nights before (was slightly cheaper) and just took a taxi but we felt a bit left out when we got there as everyone else was in groups and we just had to "fit in" somewhere.
It's a great night tho - our kids were 10 & 12 the first time and absolutely loved it (they put up with the drifters even tho they didn't really like them! - shame they're not there anymore - there's hundreds of "drifters" around the world!!)
Definitely a night that you'll talk about a lot after - even when you've got a sore throat from all the yelling :lol:
My friend has just come back from Tenerife and has highly recommended the 'medieval night'. However she said it cost £40 each from child 12 upwards, and this is arranged from your hotel were they pick you up and drop off. As we are a family of 7(with just one under 12) can this trip be done a bit cheaper with independent trip organisers? We are staying in Golf del Sur.

jackie x
Check out admiraltravel.es.Could work out cheaper
I live just up the road from the Castle and have been in to check prices as we want to take friends there over Christmas. The tickets alone are 40 euros NOT pounds, and the cost from most agents that I have priced is 45 EUROS with pick up
Hi

My wife, myself and our 13 year old are off to Los Cristianos on the 28th December - will this show still be on and where abouts is it?

Sounds a good night out

Nik
My wife and I have been going to Tenerife for many years and have never been to see this show.Maybe this time .We are off this weekend for a week.
Nik22 I think its located up in San Miguel,back towards Reina Sophia airport and inland a bit.
Although called San Miguel Castle it is actually in Aldea Blanca, which is not as far up as San Miguel. Regarding the shows they are on Tue, Thur and Saturdays
Thanks Jackie uk for your reply.

As we are near the airport it may be cheaper for us to do it independently, it sounds like a fantastic night out :)

Jackie, what is the average temp for february? I have heard so many mixed reports, mostly bad ones :cry: should we bring a brolly and wooly jumpers?
The weather can be mixed for February as it is now, but all I would bring is a few long sleeved T shirts just in case for during the day and perhaps a cardigan or light jacket for the evenings. Even if it is hot and sunny during the day it will still feel colder at night.

Where are you staying Jackie15?
Jackie, We are staying at the Santa Barbara Golf Club in Golf de Sur. Do you know of it? We are going on the recommendation of a friend. The hotel looks lovely on the website and fantastics views too 8)

Whereabouts in Tenerife do you live? , are you loving the life over their?

jackie x
Hi Jackie

Not familiar with your hotel but I am sure you will enjoy your stay.

I live in El Roque near San Miguel, which is about a 10 minute drive up from the motorway, that's if you take the normal route, if you take the sneaky back roads it is about 5. I have only lived here for 8 months but we have holidayed here for over 25 years, two or three times a year so it was home from home anyway, and YES I love it :D
You may like to have a look here it gives some info re the medieval show.
Please click here This is not a recommendation of this particular tour but just for information on the night.
Sorry, should have put this link before. The actual website for the castle is http://www.castillosanmiguel.com
Cheers for the link, Im trying to put bit extra spends aside for the medieval night, as there are 5 adults and one child to pay for,Hope its worth it :roll:

Jackie uk, do you live near Golf del Sur? as I have been told we are situated near the airport. If so, can you recommend any good places to eat, especially with a local flavour, is their any flamenco shows near by?
Lucky you living in a warm climate, id love to, but unfortunately i cant sway my other half :(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.