Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
We have had a great time in Cala'n Bosch - but were self catering and felt it was good value.
Well I have just Booked Carema Siesta Playa for for July 2010 for 2 adults and my son and his friend 17 and 18 so basically 4 adults

Direct with EasyJet for flights and direct with the Hotel a 2 bed apartment self catering for a Total of £1560

I am well chuffed with that know what to expect with the prices but not happy but hey such is life

As for the food not being good I can only assume you did not eat in La Fontana everything was just fantastic there El Pato, Mr Jaume Legends - great sunday lunch all in Calan Bosch

I for one cannot wait to return expensive or not :cheers :cheers
TonyR,
We have been going to CnB for years now and to be honest, we have not really noticed the prices going up over the last couple of years.
I agree the Fontana is good value for money but be careful which menu you order the house wine from, the OH ordered off one and I off another and the wine in each one varied by €3.
When we pointed this out, the waiter took the menu out of the cover and ripped it up saying it was last years.

The cheaper bottle was the correct price.

AND this is not a coincidence cos this also happened last year but we didnt query it then. All down to experience though :cheers
Thanks Linsi

This will be our 2nd time and I cannot wait as I love the place

Glad to hear it is not continuing to increase year on year

:wave:
As I lived there for 7yrs I loved the place even got married there, yes it is a little more expensive than the main land, but its like going to St Annes rather than Blackpool, there is always a breeze on the island and you cant always guarantee the weather at the begaining of June or towards the end of Sept.
I dont live there now (that was many years ago) and I am no longer married. Would I go back no as my ex lives there and so does my brother whom I no longer speak to.
Its a beautiful and very clean island, the food market in Mahon is very cheap you just have to know were to shop, the supermarkets near the apartments are expensive, they are just out to make money from holidaymakers.......... From Punta Pirma by car to San Luis is only 5mins away and things are cheaper there.
I am thinking of moving to the Costa del sol as I really dont like our english weather..lol
Sorry to resurrect an old thread with my first post on here (I normally use another Menorca forum), but I've just come back from my 10th visit and wanted to share a few thoughts.

I usually rent a villa in the quiet residential area of Son Vitamina, unfortunately the owner of the villa next door to ours has started renting it out and the people staying there seemed to feel it was their duty to play incredibly loud, incredibly crap music every minute of the day - so I'll need to find an even more isolated villa next year. I don't know what motivated these people to rent a villa where the advert stresses peace and quiet, wildlife and privacy and then spoil these things for everyone else. :(

We ate at C'an Bernat on the Cala en Porter road a lot and at Pierro's in the port of Mahon - great meals and at less than 60 euros for 3 courses with wine at Pierro's, we certainly felt this was good value for money. Sa Gavina in Arenal is an old favourite, and we had a great meal up there.

The weather was glorious, very hot and often windy which was blissful.

It is not an Island that will appeal to people who need to be constantly entertained (I can't think of anything more awful), but home is where the heart is and my heart is certainly in Menorca.
Welcome to the forums hodghegs.

Sorry to hear of your experience with your neighbours, are they renting next door permanently or were they just there on holiday?
Thanks for the welcome Glynis - they were just there for 2 weeks like us.

I have found a new place for next year (fingers crossed) on top of a hill in S'Albufera d'es Grau, with no neighbours for miles! :-)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.