Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Mexican food?
16 Posts
There used to be a Tex/Mex restaurant at the Daytrippers end of Holiday Street, Calangute, but that was 10 years ago and it only lasted 1 season - not seen anything since. Plenty of Italian, Chinese, Tibetan as well as upmarket steak houses so there's plenty of scope for non spicy dining
Went to one 3 years ago. It was in Baga/Arpora on the road running parallel to the river (before the bridge). The food wasn't great TBH. I'm had fajitas in a restaurant in baga, can't remember the name though :(. It was good. The chicken came on a sizzling hot plate and the other ingredients on a separate plate.
The spring rolls on from the beach shacks are very good. Not spicy but very filling. Veg or meat options are available.
There's a really nice Mexican restaurant in Palolem, it's called Casa Fiesta I think, food is good - chimichengas (possibly dodgy spelling) is my favourite or the deadly nachos - the cocktails are the best though as they're cheap enough to try all of them! :) - Brandy Alexander is lovely!

Hope this helps
thanks very much Rob.

Is that down South?

I think we may have to take a trip down South.

How long does a taxi ride take from Calangute? Do you think it is too far for a day trip?

thanks
poipleshadow try the Brandy Alexander made with ice cream instead of cream its to die for, dont have any desert if you try it as its quiet filling. :cheers sorry yummymummy for going :offtop Gel
and for those South there is a shack in Benaulim called Hawaii which does great mexican food :)
It takes about 2 hours from Calangute (perhaps only 1 hour 45 mins...), it's best to stay there a night and get a cocohut for the night (allows you to drink a few more of those cocktails!! :)
It's far south, but a lovely beach and restaurant... Enjoy!
I'm pretty sure that Cuba @ Big Daddys in Candolim does Mexican Food, i know that their restaurant on Palolem beach does Mexican so I imagine that the candolim place does too. Also there was a place opened last year on the main candolim road (can't for the life of me remember the name), big bright place on the right as you go from calangute end....Chilly may know the name as I seem to remember her mentioning a visit with family. Pretty sure they do mexican too.
Have a great holiday YM, looking forward to your trip report.
GFF xx
Big Daddys does do Mexican not strictly authentic but very nice just the same, also Scar Face on the main Candolim road had Fajitas (spelling) on the menu we didnt try them but had a couple of very nice meals in their so would assume they would be quite good too.
Nejulie, where on candolim main road is Scar Face?
Thanks ever so much for your replies :)

I will definetly try the places out, as i have a little notepad this year full of recommended restaurants etc.

Continue on the left past Newtons towards the Panjim turn off its more or less opposite Brunos/Just Chinese
i eat curry twice a day for our fortnight in goa. each day i say "i think i'll have some thing different today, a toastie or something".but i just cant resist trying another curry. i work my way through the menue and aim to try a different one a day. my husband calls me the curry monster! when we get home i have withdrawl symptons,but then i have read that curry is addictive!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.