Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
I would defo recommend

Laguna Grill

whereabouts are you staying

We have been here twice - its sooo romantic and reasonably priced if you email them beforehand you get a little treat

and we saw a croc - we were made up ha ha

Jo
Thanks Jo, that sounds brilliant. We are staying in the Riu Caribe in Cancun. Is it anywhere near the Laguna Grill? Do you by any chance have an email address for them so I can email before we go?!

And... where did you see the Croc?!?! :O

Cx
The restaurant over looks the lagoon - its decking that goes over the lagoon and they have 3 crocks that go there - we saw the largest one was made up - am easily pleased

we got a taxi there - we were staying at the Riu Cancun - you can bus it if you like its down just after la isla shopping centre but we thoguht nah get a taxi was only 10 dollars or something which i didnt think was bad might be a bit more for you as your a bit further away

we went about 6 as they have a bar attached to it - you can watch the sunset have a few beers and then go into the restaurant - we love it there - will get u their email address as i have it on another site

they made us a special desert for our anniversary and we got free champas - the food is to die for and we found it very cheap

if you want - this is what we did as your down that way we went to pat obriens after it - its a short taxi ride away as we didnt venture that far down and went there about 9.30 and stayed there all night - was a good atmosphere and they do the best cocktails ever ha ha

sorry for going on - i just love the place

Jo
This is their website let me know if you can get into it

http://www.lagunagrill.com.mx/intro.html
Works fine for me :wink:

Pippy :D
Thanks Pippy not too good on the old pasting and that thanks for that

Jo
That sounds perfect and looks amazing. I will send them an email and get us booked in while we are over there. I can't wait! LOL! And I think we may take a trip to Pat O'briens aswell. Will keep an eye out for it.

The website didn't have any prices on it. Can you give us an idea of how much it will be for the 2 of us.

Thanks again,

Cx
Hi

We had about 4 drinks each and we only had a main course - i had fish and the hubby had steak (rib eye)

and we got the desert free - if yuo mention you are celebrating something in your email to them

it only came to 50 quid in total i couldnt believe it was well cheap - we only drank corona though - we dont do wine - just be warey that the prices are in pesos i have the menu somewhere will try and paste thsi now
but remember prices are in peso - we work it out if its 200 pesos that means 20 dollars which is a tenna - hope i have not confused you

How i work it out is for example the rib eye is 290 pesos which i say is abuot 29 dollars works out about 15 english pounds

http://www.cancunmenus.com/menu_gifs/menu_laguna.html
not to sure about mexican...

but there is a mint little italian jus over the road from the riu cancun (in the mall)... excellent food and wine.. and not that expensive...
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.