Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Yes the 2 pin plugs are same as USA :D . sorry can't help with sim card :cry:
Thanks Trod im sure I will get help in next couple of days

Paul
I haven't seen SIM cards available in the Cancun area. The cheapest way to phone home is to use a pre-paid calling card bought in the UK but I believe you can only use these in public phone boxes. When staying on the Riviera Maya these would not work in the public phones at the hotel and definitely not in the hotel room phones. The cards are fine if you are staying in a resort like Cancun but not if you are at a hotel complex which are often miles from a public phone box!

Cazz
Thanks cazz
will take mobile for messaging and get phone card over there were staying at Playcar so should be ok

Paul
Would anyone know if these are the same ones which are used in Turkey?
Hi

Can anyone tell me if/what kind of adaptor we need for Mexico - can't live without my GHD's :lol:

Thank you
Hiya Cadge16!

If you look on the plug on your ghd's there's a screw that you unscrew, and then the two pin plug pulls out, strange I know but its so you can use them abroad, my hairdresser told me this and she used hers on holiday(honeymoon actually!) in Playacar, Mexico :D
Thanks Tarnlass - you're a genius, or at least your hairdresser is :lol:

Tried it this morning and it really works :D
Electricity is via USA style 2 pin plugs

Mobile phones Quad band only then check with your SP first could be expensive

You can buy phone cards at most hotels to use in payphones
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.