Spain - All Other Costas, Inland Areas Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding all Spanish areas not covered.
Mojacar
54 Posts
This is just a question for the administrators, why does it say that I joined Holiday Truths in 1970, when it was in fact only last year, I would have only been 2 in 1970. :?
:D Can anyone tell me what the exchange rate is over in Mojacar at the moment. We are bringing some euros with us but also some sterling, thought the exchange rate may be better over there than here.

Thanks
Been to Spain twice in last two months, once to Mojacar, found Marks and Spencer commission free foreign currency to be best option both times.

In resort rates not as good on both visits, lower on both occasions by 1 to 2 cents to the £1. e.g. in July M & S 1.43 resort best rate 1.41.

May be considered risky by some, but I change all to euros before I go.
Thanks Tony,

That's still not a bad rate, we only got 1.36 euros to the £ at the bank.

Anyway, we are on countdown now, we fly out tomorrow (Thurs) so we will check out the exchange at the airport and see what that is like and then decide from there.

Here's to some sun and sangria!! :lol:

Do you know whether they are strict about the dress code in the bars and restaurants, as we have never been to Spain before, we usually go to the Greek Isles.

Thanks again
There is no particular dress code -if it's hot (& it is!!) shorts & flip flops are quite acceptable in most places -pretty much the same as Greece.
You may want to take a couple of sundress, as some people do like to dress up a bit sometimes!

Hope you have a great time! :D

Lindi
Yes no dress code especially at this time of year with the very hot temperatures.

M & S rate today 1.404 comission free.

Have a good one.
By law men and women are not allowed to be topless inside a bar/restaurant,this is enforced by most especially when food is being served,have a great time,John.
last year in Alcossebre (Costa Calida) women were allowed (and did) go to the beach bar topless.

Oh! so did the men as well!
Thats a good law, even if I am by the pool I always slip my shirt on to go to the pool side bar.
I think its only good manners to put a shirt on in a bar and restaurant especially where food is served. Nothing worse than sitting there having a nice meal with the bloke on the next table displaying his oil covered sweaty body and hairy armpits. There is also the matter of depositing sand and oil all over the cushions and seats, but some people are thoughtless. Yes,....very good idea but only common sense and normal behaviour to me.

Not sure I have seen many topless girls in bars or restaurants lately, if I did I am sure the wife would spoil it and make an excuse to go elsewhere.
Not sure I have seen many topless girls in bars or restaurants lately, if I did I am sure the wife would spoil it and make an excuse to go elsewhere.

:lol: :lol: :lol: @ Tony
is there a problem with mossies in Mojacar? We will come prepared anyway, but forwarned is forarmed.
We would like to visit the Costa de Almeria next May so would like to know the answer to the above question as well. Being fair haired and fair skinned I do tend to get bitten as I found In Zante one October - I still had the bites weeks later!!

Pippa
Hi Seagull and Pippa,the month of June seems to be the worst and up to mid July.I havent seen a mossie for about a month now,John.

P.S.I'm talking of Mojacar,some towns appear to get them worse ie Roquettas and around Vera Playa....
We were in Mojacar last 2 weeks of June and they were a nightmare. We were at Pueblo Indalo and there was a small stream outside our appt where they seemed to breed so sitting out was impossible. We were told that the area had not been sprayed as they were protecting a are breed of frog but this sounds like an urban myth to me!

As John says we heard they left soon after we did. Also friends who have been to Mojacar reported no problems so maybe we were just unlucky. Luckily I had the wife to keep 'em off me.
We were told that the area had not been sprayed as they were protecting a are breed of frog but this sounds like an urban myth to me!

All true Im afraid,John.
There's a joke here somewhere about French tourists that I'm too politically correct to use. Hope the frogs are well anyway & I'm glad the wife & daughters didn't suffer in vain.
Thanks for your reply Lindi, didn't actually see it until we arrived back but didn't have any problems anyway, most people were in shorts & t-shirts anyway. The holiday was absolutely fab, just what we needed, somewhere to completely chill out and relax.
want to book a week in June,never been before,but wnt to fly from Liverpool.Does anyone know the nearest airport to Majacar,served by one of the cheap airlines?
Thanks for any help
Doreen
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.