Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
They should be open at that time Tony but unless you are getting a taxi you won't need money straight away. You will have to hang on to your cases however, unless you are prepared to give the porters a £1 coin. :lol: You should be able to exchange money at the hotel but if not there are plenty of ATMs around - I believe there is one at the airport, though I always bring back enough dinars to start me off the next time so I've never needed to use it.
We are staying at the El Mouradi Palace in PEK, so just wanted the money for a few drinks the first evening. The money exchange at the hotel may not be open until the next morning but as you say may be an ATM in hotel.

Last time I went to Tunisia the exchange rate was the same in airport as the hotels etc, is that still the case ?
Yes Tunisia has a closed currency so the exchange rate is the same everywhere. If I remember correctly there is an atm at the airport.
Can anyone advise where the Nearest ATM is in Monasir airport when we arrive? which is around 02:00 hrs
According to airport website, the is exchange desks open 24 hrs at the airport

Also what cards does the ATM's take? can Visa electron , Cirrus, Meastreo cards be accepted?

thanks in advance
Fiona
Hi Fiona

Although it's not largely advertised, it is possible to get Dinars from Thomas Cook in the UK.I myself purchased some at my local shop in the summer and I also took some back out of the country (naughty boy!) as I'm going back again next week.
The shop won't tell you that they are available but if you ask, they will sell you them.

David
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.