EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
hi

Mortgage's have only started this year in Turkey so getting one here is unlikley for you as a Brit, however I was at the Earls court property show and speaking to a lawyer at the weekend who is working on a Brit high street bank setting up mortgage's here- cant say who at the moment though.. Another possibility open to you is if you have a pension. As from April this year you can use your pension fund to buy the property and then rent it out in the pension's name I.E the income then goes back in to the PF but is not taxed, only downside is if you use it yourself you will have to pay tax on that proportion of it. I dont know all the pension laws but check it out with a UK finance advisor.
right this is the second attemp at answering this as the internet just crashed. Mortgage's only started in Turkey this year so it would hard or impossible to get one here. I was at Earls court property show this weekend and spoke to a lawyer whos trying to assist a high street bank from uk in setting up mortgages here- cant tell you who at the moment but watch this space. another option is do you have a pension if so you can buy in the pension funds name and then you are tax free on the rental income. have a word with your UK financial advisor if this is the case.
You cannot invest pension funds from a SIPP in residential property until April 6th 2006.
It is still not 100% certain what taxes on investment in property abroad will occur.
The easiest way, at the moment, to fund property purchase in Turkey is by remortgaging your UK property.
Hi Mibut,
what have you been upto recently?
The Turkish mortgage has been put on hold and will only be for Turks to begin with. Most people use the equity in their Uk home to fund their Turkish one. Renting is always precarious and dont rely on this income to fund your debt. Some smart money is now going to but apartments for all year rent. Currently in Marmaris this is about 500 to 600 ytl per month for a 2 bed apart.
chelsea boy...what would an average 3-4 bed villa cost to buy and then rent...and what do agents charge to look after yor property..also do they advertise your villa for rent....also are they easy to rent in mamaris or better in icmeler...and

message for byrn ..email me once this bk has sorted this mortgage out if you don't want to post it...
we have villas for about £60,000 and they rent for 600 ytl per month. The all year round market is better in marmaris as it is much busier. agents charge 1 months rental for commission and setting up of the contract.ffor this will advertise your property and show it to prospective clients. Depending on how much cover you want depends on price. with renting all year the is not much running cost the tenant pays most things. I strongly advise if you do this to get a good contract.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.