Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
mosquitoes
9 Posts
Its very difficult to avoid getting bitten anywhere in Spain, however if you go to a town that is built up with hotels and apartments and has less vegitation in the town (i.e trees) then you should be ok, also avoid anywhere near a lake or fresh water source as they love that.

There is stuff you can take that may help, I think vitamin b puts them off, and make sure you cover yourself in the spray stuff from chemists at dusk
Sorry but i just noticed your post, the wife suffers with mossies bites (to her disgust they leave me alone) tests show tesco jungle formula to be best, use if going near grass and in the evenings and before bed. we always take antihystamine tablets since on one occasion her legs got swollen and these helped unbelievably quickly.we also use a plug-in in the room and NEVER open patio door in the evenings.never scratch a bite and use those small blister plasters to cover if going into sea/pool to try and prevent infection.
I read recently that the attraction by mossies is hereditary, so blame your parents :) ?
  • Edited by johnny m 2010-08-15 20:13:10
thank you for the reply
i have had the antihistimines and steroid cream still no help its not the bites that is the problem its the serious reaction .still trying to find somewhare where they are not
much apreciated your help though
thanks from mary
Wife and i went travelled for half hour down to Langland Bay Gower last w/end gorgeous weather didn't see any down there. :rofl (still looking forward to tossa in 3 weeks time though).
i may have to resort to the gower then .but let me know if there are any in tossa
L O L
MOZZIES......hate them....they eat my youngest...and though they used to leave me alone after an op I had they found me tasty .... the only place Ive been where we havent been bitten is Playa Taurito in gran caneria.....seems the air is too dry for them.....both times we have been Ive not even seen one...tweetie
thanks tweetie
that was helpfull as its a bit disapointing when you cant go anywhere .i have been really ill from reactions to the bites so have to be sure now.i went to portugal thought that was ok but bit on first day .not well all the week
.i have been told parts cyprus are ok but have to check it out havnt gone abroad this year so far still checking on the mozzies
peace south wales :(
We love Alcudia but last year both of us were bitten several times there, the second week we moved to CalaBona/Cala Millor and never saw or felt one.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.