EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
We are completing on an apartment there in March. Did you ever find a good place to buy furniture?
Check out "Denia" topics as I have queried this before and had some responses. I know there was a shop mentioned that is in one of the villages local to you, which apparently sells everything and has helpful staff.
Hi

Everything is wonderful in Cumbre del Sol.

We have found many good furniture shops Muebles garcia in Benitachell is good. Is it for permanent living or rental furniture you need? We furnished our apartment very cheap but good items. Some furniture electrics are very expensive over here.
I heard about that shop and that it was good, so we will check that out when we are next over. We have no plans to rent at this time and we are only buying for holiday and family use.
We need to buy a washer dryer, but apart from that its only small stuff such as lights that we need, will be looking for aircon though at some time.
Regarding air conditioning: we were keen to install it as we wanted to be comfortable in the winter as well as the summer. However, we delayed as we were still on builder's supply and have found that, even in the hottest weather, it has not been necessary. We are close to the Montgo and have found normal ceiling fans sufficient. Has anyone else found air conditioning not necessary??
We bought our hot and cold airconditioning from an english firm registered over here for several years i believe they are called Elite and are advertised probably in Costa Blanca news. We choose panasonic units as A energy rating and have been very pleased.
At this side of Cumbre on a summer evening no breeze and if windows left open we where biten by mosquitos so we have found invaluable. Good now for use in winter along with a calor gas heater we have just bought.

Pineda, Moraira and Bertomeu Teulada are very good for electrical items and good after sales.

There is a very good small shop in javea called El Taller del Mueble wish can be found on the internet. They have furniture for all budgets.
Mossies are a problem. We use the plug in repellant indoors and citronella candles outside. I hate having all the windows closed which is why I am relucant to pay out for air conditioning. I like the idea of it for winter time though.
Just had an electric bill which was high but thnik the builders must have been tapping into our supply. Now also got a calor gas heater to keep us warm. The airconditioning is good at quickly warming the warm.

Have you found bills ok for ceiling fans as thinking of maybe putting 1 in the apartment we will be renting/
Not had any bills yet as we have been on builder's supply for two years. As far as I know, they do not use much more power than a light bulb.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.