General Chat

Start a debate or just have a natter its all happening in the General Chat forum!
:yikes
Hope it didn't put a dampener on your holiday. Did you get the medication you needed?
I am a very last minute packer but I do have a list which I print out and tick off It is easy to forget things.
And please tell us all about your holiday :)
:cheers No, Fiona, it didn't spoil my holiday other than I missed an invite to meet up with Aslemma and friends which would have been good to do.

The medication is only the 'just in case' kind that is usually readily available - it is just that I like to know I have it with me!

Will do a report and reviews as soon as I get back to what passes for normal around here!
its a shame you missed the meet up :(
It does take time to get back to normal doesn't it?
Hi Prawn, Yep have to admit I am a self confessed list person too, both at work and play, and get micky taken out of me for my lists, but hey works for me.
Wow prawn that was quite a list to forget, my back up medicine's travel in my backpack on the plane with me, as does my kindle, iPad and iPhone, those along with my money and passport / tickets are the only essentials as far as I am concerned :D

Mrs. Kiltie just laughs at me, I would be your a couple of things packed (ok chucked) in to the backpack and off we go type type :que

Good to hear you still managed to enjoy your holiday and it is nice to have you back on board and we are looking forward to hearing all about your trip :tup

Graham
:) My hand luggage always contains passports, tickets, jewellery, medication, glasses, fan, pen and copies of paperwork! This bag stays with me at all times - the other stuff is important but not essential and that is why is was forgotten! 3am is not my best time for being fully compos mentis, as it were!
I must be the WORST!
I go away quite a lot each year so I have an EXCEL spreadsheet listing everything I take for wearing, backpack, and main luggage. Clothes, medical, sunscreen, photography, books etc etc.
Everything. It also has the weight of each item (I measured).
All I do is to put in quantities at the time I am packing, and it calculates totals for the weights.
I am always dead exact on the flight allowance for carryon and hold luggage.
Yes – when one gets ancient - one has maybe too much spare time!

:)
:) I used to be really organised - so much so that the first list I would write would be the list of the lists I needed!

This time I thought I was so organised that I had filled out the entry cards before leaving home - felt such a prat when I sailed smugly up to the desk only to find that the ones I had with me were the blank spares!

Definitely back to list writing!
I write a list and still forget things that were either on the list, or to put things onto the list.
I have now started putting things on to a list on my iPhone such as restaurants or particular places that I want to visit when I am away, the last time I wrote a 'proper' list in a small notebook I stupidly left the notebook beside the computer :duh
Wow Ukbill , that's a very comprehensive way of going about it , but they say fail to prepare , prepare to fail !!
My wife has some lists stored on the laptop and uses them , she even has a shopping list on there for when we stay in a villa in Lanzarote , I noticed that it started with Beer , Wine , Cava , Juice , and remarked that she had got her priorities right ;) She just replied that the list was in line with the layout of the shop ( apparently this is how women make lists and shop ) :D us blokes just head for the beer and crisps !!
I found it amazing that she remembered the layout of the shop , lets hope they haven't moved anything or had a refit , that would really annoy her :rofl
I'm a list person :D I have my last minute list that includes, readers, IPad, phone, brush, comb, makeup, adapters etc

I should really take a list with me of what I've taken for my return packing as on Sunday I made myself dizzy going round and round the apartment checking and double checking the drawers etc in case I'd left something :duh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.