EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
If you don't want to make the maximum of 5 years gap in your contribution record, why not consider paying class 3 voluntary contributions, as my husband and I do. It's only about £25 a month and can be paid in your absence by direct debit. Not too pricey to stay in the system!

All the very best for your new life in Greece.

Alsa
lindyloo,

You must pay class 3 NI contributions otherwise you will loose out on your pension does not matter what the Inland rev tell you. The correct people to talk to is Centre for Non-Residents on 0191 225 5606 register with them as a non-resident and set up a direct debit payment for paying Class 3 NI. The adverage payment is about £30 per month.

As for medical cover you need form E106 to cover you, it depends on you contributions as to how long the form will cover you. Once you get a job you will be able to sign onto the Turkish health system.

If you can you need to get the booklet SA29 from the Department for Works and Pensions, page 36 tells you all about your medical rights and page 27 about your pension rights. I am not sure if Turky is part of the EU yet, I don't think so even though they have applied, but if they are then you have full medical rights under the EU on the same scale that you have in the UK.

The other thing I must add is that you should of started doing all this at least 3 months ago, mainly because being a govenment department they take there time to get you sorted out and you end up making lots of phone call to them form you new location and that can get very frustrating. I know I fell into this trap and it took me ages to get it sorted.

You must make sure you have an address in Skiathos that you can give them before you go even if it is a friends for the time being so that they can get the completed form to you as you will not get them back in time before you go. Once you have got yourself sorted out over there then you need to tell them of your new address etc.

I hope this info is of help to you. I wish you all the best in your new adventure and hope it all works out for you.

Regards
a1gjv
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.