Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
1. It is warm enough to Swim in sea / pools and get a tan

may help if you give the members an idea WHEN you want to go

wizard
Yes, an idea of times would be good. I have been in January, march, april and september. Weather has always been good (though the sea can be a bit err.... bracing in January.)

Always come back with a good tan though.....
Hi! :D
I'm off to Tenerife at Easter with an 18 and 15 year old, been a couple of times before and would always be happy to return. Plenty for teenagers to do. You could either go to a big family-friendly hotel with day and night organised activities or you could get a self-catering cheapy and go out all the time - all the bars and restaurants are great for families. Plenty of good days out for teenagers - the waterpark, catamaran/dolphin spotting etc. My teens love it. 8)

To answer your questions:
1. It is warm enough to Swim in sea / pools and get a tan - swimming depends on the time of year - if you go in Winter or early Spring then the pools and sea will be very very cold :shock: (unless you go to a very posh hotel with a heated pool) In Summer and early Autumn the cold pool is a welcome relief :wink: You will get a tan whatever time of year you go - the Canary Islands are much further south than anywhere in Spain or the Med and you must take high factor suncream and use it often and plentifully.

2. It can be done for less than 2 grand self catering ( we will go to 3 grand if its all inclusive in a nice hotel etc) - Easy! Our Easter trip (all-inclusive) has cost me just under £2k for 3 of us (all priced as adults) and you can easily get a self catering holiday (incl. flights/transfers, the lot) for around £1500-£2k for 2 weeks and there are so many bars and restaurants for eating out, you'll be spoilt for choice.
Xmas & New Year will be expensive - probably more expensive than the August school holidays, especially if you want a hotel rather than an apartment. However, the weather will be great - it's been in the 70ºs the last couple of weeks, but it gets chilly at night, so you'll need light jackets/cardigans for going out in the evening.
Have a search on here for an idea of prices http://www.travelrepublic.co.uk/default.aspx
Why not have a look a the reviews posted by members in our own Hotels Reviews site. You will find it by clicking here. I'm sure other members will be able to tell of their experiences at the time of year you wish to go.
Happy hunting.
We have been to Tenerife several times before but never at Christmas ....... until this year. We flew out on the 21st and stayed for a week and it was terrific. The weather was great and Las Americas was beautiful, all done up with lights, Christmas trees, Santas, Poinsettias etc. I would definitely recommend it to anyone!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.