Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
new to candolim
6 Posts
Another new one to me, so had a look at the website http://www.candolimparkgoa.com/contactus_at_candolimpark_goa.php
The map (if correct) shows its at the back of the Victor Exotica - this is set off the Sinquerim/Fort Aguada road.
At a guess I would say you have a 5 min walk to the main road (as to which way you get to the main road I can't tell).
If the above is correct you will have no probs for restaurants/bars etc..
After walking down to Victor Exotica, you turn right and 5 mins up the road is Candolim crossroads, then it's another 10 mins walk on to the Beach road that everyone mentions on here for restaurants.
Getting to the beach is easy, turn right coming from your road (Victor Exotica) and walk 5 mins,cross over and take the Whispering palms road straight down to the beach, Ganesh shack is there, with plenty others for you to choose from.
The R.Princess will be facing you, but doesn't seem to cause problems with rusty metel on the beach.
Spike.
Hi we stayed at the Sunshine Park in 2006, as Spike says it's behind the Victor Exotica, to get to it you go past the VE till you get to the shop called Next and you will see a lane that runs up the side of Ceilias restaurant, you turn up there, turn left at the top keep following the lane then turn right and you will see the Sunshine Park in front of you. There is a short cut through the village, we found this after we had been there a week, as you come out of the SP you will see the Gloria Ann on the right hand side, if you follow the path round to the right past the GA it brings you out on the road that runs down to the crossroads, much quicker than walking all the way round, I would recommend that you take a torch with you for walking back at night as both ways are not very well lit. We really enjoyed the SP the staff were good and the pool is a nice size, they were just building the apartments while we were there, although I think some apartments have been converted in the hotel itself. I'm sure you will be fine there and as Spike has already said, plenty of bars and restaurants within walking distance.

Debs
I thought there must be a quicker way using the Panaji road, so to get my bearings correct, if I am stood at the crossroads (where the barbers shops are) and looking up Panaji road, how far up are we talking ?
Spike as you walk up the road you will see the Regal apartments on your right, just past there is a lane off to the right which takes you into a little village with a bar (very cheap) and a shop. The path that runs through the village brings you out by the Gloria Ann and the Sunshine Park.
Haaa got it ! As you say it is dark down that road, I remember when a dog chased a cow one night and it fell down the trench they were digging at the time !!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.