America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Hi
Hi,

I am NOT an expert on NY but hey ive done my hotel research!!! As i am also going for my first time the 29th October for 4 nights as my first leg on a RTW trip. I ended up booking the Belvedere Hotel i got a really good rate in a KING DELUXE ROOM as I got an on line rate direct with the hotel through the hotel web site. http://www.belvederehotelnyc.com I checked loads of different hotel sites when I finally decided on the hotel and the hotels direct web site was cheaper this time!!! But not all the time... My advice would be is to decide on the hotel then look on different sites after checking the online price with the hotel.....

Any help just shout

Gill x
You'll find all the information you need in existing topics by using the search facility :wink:
Also, have a read through the city breaks New York topic HERE.

Pippy :D
For flights you should book as soon as you think you've got a good price as they can fluctuate. I don't think it really matters which airport as they all have set taxi fairs into Manhattan.

As Pippy suggests, do take time out to read the thread in the city break forum as I got loads of info from there
Hi there,

I am just back from New York this week, we stayed at the Novotel on 226 West 52nd Street right beside times square (we actually had a view of times square from our room) excellent hotel and great location!! We booked our flights through Opodo - I would give it a try.

Hope this is of some help!! :D
Hi Gili

Please can you add your review HERE when you have time?

Many thanks :tup

Pippy :D
:) We enjoyed a fantastic 4 days in New York Based at the Marriott Marquis in Time Square.A little expensive but well worth it to be at the centre of the action.You really dont want to waste time riding all over the city.Our trip was organised by escape2luxury.co.uk.
Many of the sites are great value especially the ferry from Battery Park to staton Island which is free and gives geat views of the city and the statue of Liberty.other places to see Macys the view from the rockefeller centre and empire state building. We really enjoyed the central park zoo .But nothing beats having breakfast in a coffee shop as the suits dash in for a bagel and coffee to go on their way to the office.Loved the way all the business men wear trainers to walk to work.
in all a great trip
hippyjak- You asked which airport. Rates from airports into midtown Manhattan: These prices are for trips into the Times Square area.
From JFK-(Kennedy) $45.00
From LGA (LaGuardia) $30.00
From EWR (Newark) $60.00
Also when arriving at large US airports look for signs that say Ground Transportation- you will find numerous shuttle services parked outside- Airlink is one,there are many companies that do this- these will transport you by van with other customers to the midtown hotels- check prices,sometimes it's much cheaper to use these and sometimes not, the convenience of your own taxi and not making several stops is worth the difference if the taxi is more.
The shuttles also pick up at hotels and take you back to the airport. You can ask the front desk how to arrange this,they will usually phone for you at least 24 hrs ahead.
http://www.flyzoom.com - 2 return flights from LGW to JFK - £230 in October.

Ive booked today, now just need to find a hotel! :shock:
Hi,

When in October hope it is not towards the end of October, as that is when my flight is booked 29th October and I found the hotel prices more expensive that weekend as it is the NY marathon!!!!

Gill x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.