America/Canada Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in America and Canada
Hi Julie - while you're waiting for specifics there are loads of hints and tips in the city break forum thread on New York -
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=16727

With it being an anniversary, I'm not sure if you want a posh hotel but we are going for the first time in May and have had Radio City Apartments recommended to us as a good place to stay. You can have your own little apartment in New York :D

Wwith regard to places to stay, it would be a good idea for you to give your budget then people can recommend accordingly.
take a look at this site, tripadvisor and virtual tourist for lots of info on nyc. we stayed at the affinia manhatten and it was good ,very cental next to penn station and macey's. this year we are staying at eastgate tower another affinia hotel. good price.i would book independantly. have a look at travel supermarket for flight prices and check the airline sites aswell.
Hi Julie

I've been a few times and always find the best place to stay is near to Times Sq.

I stopped in a hotel about 10 mins walk away - just enough to be out of all the hustle and bustle.

Times Sq is alive 24hrs a day and is a great place to get buses taxis from - I reccommend getting a pass for the tour buses which you hop on/hop off - they are totally the best way to get round the city.
Hi, we stayed just off Times Square at a hotel called Hotel 41 at Times Square - it was ideal - quite boutique/Malmaison style in the room (which were small however but we didn't want to spend all our budget on accommodation). It was ideal to walk from and there were theatres in the next block - we went to see Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and also bumped into the Naked Cowboy in Times Square.

Have fun!
Hotel 41 reviews HERE.

Pippy :D
Hi, we stayed at the Sofitel New York on 44th st between 5th and 6th Avenues in November 2006 and it was a really lovely hotel....worth it's 1st place on tripadvisor.com. Meals are expensive at the hotel but we used the Red Flame diner a few doors away for breakfast and brunch, extensive menu, cheap and fast and locals also used it too! :) it's all about location in New York, you will probably do a LOT :wink: of walking although cabs are cheap compared to the UK if you get
tired or or hands are full of shopping bags! :lol:
Sofitel website HERE. I've asked for it to be added to the reviews :wink:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.