Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
CloClo,

I think it depends where you are going and at what time of year. I've checked prices where I normally stay in Icmeler and it's about the same price for September 2010 as it is for September 2009 (I'll be there in 4 weeks and 6 days, not that I'm counting!). If you look at schools hols, the prices are pretty steep at the moment but that's probably due to families wanting to get things booked up early as it's a popular time of year, hence demands and supply kicks in and prices remain high after release.

Darren
Darren,
Does that mean it would be better to leave it until later to book for next July.I thought it would be better to book now and try to get the free child place but I have little knowledge of such things.
Stevie
stevie c,

That's always the dilema and where the tour operators have you. If you want free child places and to ensure you get the flight / accommodation you want, you may have to book early. If you don't, you run the risk of things becoming unavailable. If you're flexible with dates and locations and don't have kids to worry about, it's better to leave it a while where you'll generally find better deals. However, when you factor in kids so are stuck with school hols and want free child places, you really need to be booking early to ensure you get what you want and it's available. The problem there is you may have to pay a slight premium for it. The main thing is to get a deal you are happy to pay and what suits your needs, then don't look at prices again! I'm on the lookout for my long haul holiday in March, but I probably won't book anything until around Christmas to seek out the better deals, but then I'm flexible on dates.

Darren
Well we booked online with Thomas Cook. Managed to get 1 free child place, and my (will be) 16 year old is also classed as a child. Had to book bed and breakfast, then add evening meals on (still works out cheaper than eating out every night).

So 11 months and 7 days..................
WOW must be a good hotel if you have booked that quickly to go back. :tup
Darren thanks again for the reply.
Another question is it better to book online or check online and then go to travel agents to see if they can beat the price.Have not tried that before so would be interested if anyone has.
stevie c,

Whichever you fancy really. I normally use the online price as a guide and take it from there. Shops will normally price match or tell you straight if they can't match it. You might find some will give you a bit more off or give you something in addition to persued you to book with them.

Darren
I think its much better to get an online price then go to the travel agents,especially with the big tour operators.Because if something goes wrong or your tickets dont turn up in good time you have somewhere to go to talk to someone.Ive heard lots of bad stories about not being able to get through on the phone when you have booked online
Booked Club Cettia,checked online then phoned,saved a fair bit.It was cheaper for me with flight meals, transfer,prebooked seats and 20kg luggage than it was online without flight meals and prebooked seats.So definately worth phoning after looking online.
Thanks for the help

Stevie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.