Caribbean Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Caribbean
Yes it will work and yes it will cost allot to use,

Why not just buy phone cards available locally and use the public phone in the hotel, that way you are in control of your spending.
ohhhhhhhh rachael dont use your moblie to call the UK my stupid son did whilst there in May missing his girlfriend and all that and came home to a bill £100 more than his usual monthly bill.I told him to use the cards you can buy for $US10 or $US20 and use the pay phone in the reception area, but these young boys never take your advice.

And yes your 02 will work as its tri-band, I am 02 and so is my son, but when you switch on your phone for the first time you will have a message of welcome from 'Dominican Orange' as Orange is the provider in the Dom. Rep.
I only use my phone for texting.

Angie.
Thanks for the advice- I would litterally be calling just to say Hi we are fine- prob no longer than a minute. Would this still cost tons?
rachael,

Link to 02 travelling go to the drop down menu and click on the Dom Rep.

http://travelabroad.o2-uktech.com/location.php

Angie.
Thanks all, Angie the link was so helpful. Now why didnt I think to do that
rachael,

We all get a mental block sometimes, I must admit I get them quite often lol !!! :rofl

Angie.
I usually text our room number to home when we get there, then let them know when we are in our room and they call us using one of the cheap numbers like this one. http://www.cherry-call.co.uk/caribbean/phone_dominican_republic.jsp as its much cheaper to pay part of their phone bill when we return than use the mobile.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.