Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
all the resorts will start running down from next week,pick yourself a larger resort and i would say Rhodos [Rhodes] or Kritty [Crete] for the best weather, we are off to Kirkira [Corfu] on the first and it is noticeably cooler [and expected wetter] than the Aegean area as it is a lot further north

yasus
wizard
don't expect much at all to be open in mid october,faliraki/kalithea is the biggest resort on the island and more or less everything will be closed and the weather will be rather changeable to say the least. personally i'd try cyprus as a compromise,especially the west coast around paphos.Kriti(crete) might be busier as it's a much larger island and some of the bigger resorts have some form of winter season(mostly for holidaying greeks),kerkyra(corfu)is probably the most likely place for rain.

Tour operators should be more honest about this in my opinion,we've had so many people over the years turn up mid october,both families and 18-30 types and have been expecting hot sun all week and loads to do and been sorely disappointed.

Yiasas ke kalo taxidi
thanks for the replies i wll look at cyprus thanks for the advice.
tracey
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.