Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
If you mean the area around the harbour and castle, don't think there is much if any tourist accommodation around there. The main areas in the centre of Marmaris are not really what you would call quiet, by any stretch of the imagination! Have you thought of looking at Icmeler which is less busy and quieter than Marmaris, but within easy reach if you want to spend time in Marmaris.
Marmaris is well-known as a brash,loud and lively resort which lots of people love, just a bit surprised that anyone would choose there if they want quiet!
I know what Marmaris is! perhaps I should of said quieter area for hotels- don't want to end up with a Disco under are hotel until 5am but we are not unknown to have the odd late night out! Icmeler is an option I've also seen a selection of B&Bs in the Armutalan(?) area of Marmaris -any help would be appreciated!
If you stay up by Migos area it is quieter there we stayed there it was away from the discos but close enough to walk to if want lively. There are lots of Hotels to choose from.
I cannot remember the name of the area but i can find out if you like.Enjoy your stay we do everytime we go.
thanx boroboy will have a look at that area
boroboy

I wonder if you mean the Siteler area?
I did it was sitler area we were past migos we were not too far from the market but as i said we were far enough away from discos but close enough to walk to it. My brother stayed in the Karacan beach hotel but it was noisy there due to music along the beach .we were in one of the side streets a lot quieter.
From what i have just been reading, everywhere in marmaris is going to be a lot quieter from now on...ie bars and restaurants closing at midnight :(

im sooo hoping this information is wrong thoogh!
i dont' think they actually closing at midnight! it's just that they have to close the doors as it were and keep it all indoors
oh well thats not so bad then, i was dreading having to be tucked up and in bed by midnight.... ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.