Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Olu Deniz
8 Posts
Hi there,
Have been going to Olu Deniz for 6 years now.
1st stay - Karbel Beach hotel, very near to beach, very basic,typical Turkish B&B, spotlessly clean with pool.
2nd stay- Majestic Hotel, up the hill a little, would not stay again, it was OK.
Ever since then we have stayed at The Belcehan Deluxe. Its amazing. I think the best B&B in Olu Deniz. Perfectly clean, excellent breakfast, large rooms, very helpful staff, tends to be couples or families with small children, you dont tend to get larger families here as it is more expensive that other places to stay in, plus only B&B.
Dont go half board - too many lovely restaurants to eat out at.
I am off next Thursday to Olu Deniz for 11 nights, happy to answer any other questions you have before then.
Check out Belcehan Deluxe and Belcehan Beach Hotel on their website (just add .com on the end).
If you are looking for a lovely resort, queit but not too quiet with plenty of activities with a great beach and lagoon area, Olu Deniz is your place.
We've been to Olu the past 2 years and have stayed at the Hotel Karbel (be aware there is Karbel Beach and Karbel sun too!), of course its going to depend on your budget or what you are looking for from a hotel, but it certainly meets the having a pool. It has 2 pools as the Karbel Hotel bought the White hotel which was next door, the top pool is the Karbels main one and has 3 sections and a separate kids pool, great sun trap. The bottom pool has a lot of shaded areas too, hammocks in the trees and big cushions, nice place to relax, its known as their "quiet pool"

It is at the top of the main street that runs down to the beach, so its only about 10 mins walk down to the front but it is at the quieter part of the resort, we've never had any problems at all in that way. There are excellent reviews on here for it, (altho some of the reviews on the Karbel actually should be on the beach or suns review section) but it is a nice place. As I said, depends on what sort of things you want from the hotel and definitely what budget. We stayed here and upgraded to a room with a jacuzzi bath which was lovely :)
Karen
We too have been to Olu Deniz many times and can report on the following hotels

Turquoise Hotel 3*plus Lovely hotel, stayed there 3 times, fab pool, loads of grounds, nice bathrooms quiet location. Didn't seem many children about there but we go in September. Its a good 5 minute walk to the front and is uphill coming back, but we felt this was good exercise.

Karbel Hotel 3*plus. Lovely hotel too. I liked the restaurant here, the choice for breakfast was vast. The grounds seemed a bit cramped compared the the turquoise, not all rooms had good views.

White Hotel. 3*Great pool. beds were hard and breakfast very limited when we stayed there but this was prior to the merge with karbel.

Azdeniz Hotel. 2* when we stayed there. Smaller than the previous ones but very pleasant grounds and pool. Breakfast very limited but Now all inclusive I think

Malve Belce Hotel 2* Right in the heard of Olu Deniz but not noisy at night. Small friendly family run hotel. Rooms and pool very nice. Breakfast very limited.

You can't go far wrong with any hotels in Olu Deniz, as they all take a pride in whatever space they have and make it as nice as possible.
Hi

Still looking. Have found a holiday to Karbel Sun Hotel. Is this as good as the Karbel?

Thanks

Dee
karbel sun is a great hotel which is well positioned to get to anything in olu easily good friends of mine stayed there last week and they loved it :sun2
We also spent an evening in a bar with a young couple who were staying in the Karbel Sun and they loved it there. :tup

Doe :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.