Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
olu deniz
7 Posts
any hotel in olu is near
yes all the hotels are within 20 min walk to lagoon.
Also various hotels have arrangements with the private beaches on the lagoon that will send a free minbus to take you there provided you buy sunbeds, shades, drinks etc when on the beach, or they used to a couple of years ago, 20 mins can be a hot walk in july and aug.
I’ve noticed that a number of hotels advertised as “Olu Deniz area” are actually in Hisonaru or Ovacik – and these towns are quite a long way from the lagoon and up an incredibly steep hill. One can walk it (and I have done so) but there are better methods of suicide.
I suggest your best bet when checking out a possible hotel is to use Google Maps/Earth to find the actual real location of any hotel. You can then judge yourself how close it is to the lagoon.

Also note that Olu Deniz does not now look like many of the posters suggest.
It did 20 years ago when I first visited.
Now it is pretty much wall to wall plastic pedalos and sunbeds 10 inches apart covering the beach.
;) Personally I'd much prefer to stay in Hisaronu or just into Ovacik. Not only is it much cooler there, being in the mountains, but this is where most of the restaurants/nightlife is. You can still get free transport down to some of the beaches that have now sprung up beyond the lagoon too.

When booking we'd ask if it was Hisaronu or Fethye side of the Orka Hotel. Hisaronu side and it was an easy 15+minute walk into Hisaronu. Fethye side..you'd need a dolmus.

A lot of accommodation is now higher up in the mountains, along the main Hisaronu/Fethye road which does make it difficult to get into Hisaronu of a night.
Brought forward for roswell.

Les
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.