Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Thanks for your replies.
Is that the left side of the coach as you get on it, or sort of on the right side, behind the driver? Just want to make sure......!!!
The driver will be on the left. Sit on that side. Except on the return trip, when you want to sit on the right hand side.

Bridd
Briar
we considered a taxi transfer a couple of years ago but because there were 4 of us (with luggage) we were told by the taxi company that we would need 2 taxis or a minibus. A taxi will only take 3.
That made it a bit dearer so we didnt bother.

Bridd
Bridd
Thank you so much - I will do as you say and hope for the best! We will be travelling early afternoon on Monday, but when we return it will be about 9pm when we set off from our hotel.
I looked in Thomson's brochure, but it doesn't give the option of a taxi transfer. Anyway, it is just a very inexpensive 4-day break I an taking my oldest son on, so I am trying to keep costs down, if possible!
I have just returned from a place near Altinkum four weeks ago, and that transfer was just on pretty ordinary roads and not very scary!
Janis

at least on the return trip it'll be dark so you wont see the drops.
:lol:

Bridd
Briarskeg,
How did you book your taxi? I just might look into it, although as we go on Monday, I'm not sure I would have time.
Bridd,
Just hope the driver can!!
Briar

did you have a lot of luggage?
I thought this must be the problem as we get taxis for 4 of us quite a lot while we're there.

Bridd
Briarskeg,
That would be useful, thank you. I'm not sure just what I want to do, but I could have a little look...
My son will say we should save the money and take a chance!
My husband just laughed and told me to put it out of my mind and not worry.
He's not coming, though!
Looked at your link, thanks, and it may be worth sending an email or two. I wonder why Thomson's don't arrange them? Often it is an added extra to the package deal, isn't it?
Anyway, I have a day or two to decide.....
Briarskeg,
What does HT Moderator mean?
It means we have to behave ourselves or Briar will tell us off.
Bridd
Thanks for pointing me to your post Brairskeg, it was really informative. Could you tell me what trips do you recomend to do with a 5 year old in August? I was also wondering did you get vaccinations to go, i'm in a quandry what to do.
Cheers Laurence
my little one does get grumpy on long coach journeys :evil: he lives swimming, he was never out of the pool last year. We are staying at the Karbel but are a bit unsure where the lagoon/beach is in relation to the hotel. Also, sorry to be a pain but is there a good Hammam in Olu?
I'm so excited i'm full of questions.. :)
Cheers Laurence
Thankyou Brairskeg i'm sure i'll be picking your brains again sometime in the near future.
Hi, there is a turkish bath in the belcekiz beach hotel which is on the sea front. Walk down the main street from your hotel to the beach then turn left and its just along there. It costs £10 per person payable in English or turkish and is very good had one in June. Have one on your first day sets you up!!
Hi Briars,
Could you possibly pm me the phone numbers for those 2 beaches please.We goto Hisoranu on the 9th of August staying at the Han hotel......not that Im counting down or anything :lol: ...What are the prices like this year?....This will be our second time to Turkey and to Hisoranu...last year we stayed at the Millenium hotel which incorporates the Santana restaurant and it was very nice but a bit noisy.
thanks
[b]TIMUK.

You will not be dissapointed in your holiday in icmeler, having just returned from there last week.
A few restaurants you might like to try,
Old famous kitchen
The waterfall,
The love boat
Captain Bullsh£t
Kontas Villa
and many more, never had a bad meal.
Hope you enjoy yourself as much as we did

Ian
Oh God must stop reading these posts......they are making August 15th seem so far away when we go back to Hisaronu again for another 8 weeks at Seyir Hotel....just came back last Sunday had a flight from hell ....well the flight was ok but we should have been on Cyprus Turkish Schedule flight to Stansted which they re scheduled and we were not told so had to buy a single ticket on a Charter going to Gatwick as the next Scheduled to Gatwick was on the Tuesday......I now have a ticket to fly out with and one to return on........and next year I think we will be booking with Excel Airways....yes they are a super airline, have used them dozens of times in the past.

We always book direct with the Hotel Seyir and they arrange Airport Transfer for £50 return for the two of us....The Hotel runs a Free Beach Service to Olu Deniz each day

Go to Kumsal Pide on the front and sample there Turkish Pide I reckon it's the best in Turkey !

Must shut up now as its wanting to make go back today !!!!!!!!!!!!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.