Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Welcome to the forums Clark :cheers

Where are you flying to and from which airport? I'm just wondering if the flight you require operates on the 12th and not the 15th?
Thanks for the welcome! :cheers

I've messaged my partner for the exact details (I'm at work atm) and don't want to give any wrong information as it won't be helpful!

It's certainly possible that the airline doesn't operate on that day but I don't understand how we'd have searched for a specific date and ended up with a different one... we can't even go on that day :(
ha that happen to me a few years back booked on line with hays travel sat to sat wasn't till the tickets came i discovered our flight left Gatwick at 23-25 fri landing just after 5am local time [couldn't book in to the hotel till mid day] and the return flight was 05-50 the following Saturday, nothing i could do, i should have checked more carefully ...needless to say it has never happened again i now check ,double check and re-check before i hit the buy button

wiz
Oh dear! I'm still waiting for the flight details from my other half and also a reply from On The Beach. Hopefully they can shed some light on what's happened.

If the only dates that the airline in question fly are on the 12th and not the 15th we won't be able to go and will have to forgo the holiday. I'm assuming that we'd lose all of our money, or at least a large chunk of it if we have to cancel?

No holiday for us this year if this is the case :cry:
Lets hope this can be sorted Clark :tup

Where are you going and from which airport?
Update! Not yet heard back from On The Beach but here are the details of the flight.

Destination: Las Palmas, Gran Canaria

Departs London Luton at 1140, 12/07/2013

Arrives Las Palmas, Gran Canaria at 1605, 12/07/2013

We chose to fly on the 15th.

Not sure if this helps but on the email my other-half has sent, is says this; "Order Status - Pending".
Ryanair have a flight on the 15th from Luton. Do you know who you are supposed to be flying with?
If its pending your flight hasn't been confirmed with the airline. On The Beach do sell a lot of Ryanair flights, despite Ryanair having instigated court action against them for doing so!
Their flight on the 12th departs at 11.40. The 15th departs at 11.50.

As the booking hasn't yet been made with the airline, it looks like the wrong date was input when you filled the details in. The email you have received is just a copy of what you've authorised them to book for you.
After a quick call they've escalated it to someone else and we should hear back by Saturday.

Thanks for helping. First proper trip away for three years and we've stumbled at the first hurdle.
After the last call (mentioned above) someone got in touch to tell us to put any chanes through the On The Beach online account. Which we did, thinking someone would be in touch. However we've had an email stating that they want £500 to change the dates. That's almost the same amount as the holiday which we can't afford to pay on top. We can't go on the dates allocated and never could.

Don't feel that there's been an opportunity to explain that we think that there's been a mistake somewhere.
Some sites default to the nearest available date if there are no flights on the date you have actually selected, rather than give you a message saying there are no flights from that airport on that date.

That is what think may have happened here and why it is very important to check every detail on each screen that appears.
You should always double check everything before you click the buy button. OTB brings up a list of flights available on your chosen dates. If there is nothing on that date, it lists details of flights around that date and it gives details of both the outbound and inbound flights very clearly. It doesn't default to the next available date as such, just lists a choice of alternatives.
It is listing flights from LTN-LPA on both 12th and 15th July.
Still not certain it's our fault.

Still, lesson learned - to all those reading, double-triple check! Just in case ;)

Thanks for all the comments.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.