Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
Hi Ella,

Welcome to the forum.

Firstly they CANNOT charge your card without informing you - regardless of what T&C's they are trying to quote - unless their T&C's specifically state that by agreeing to the T&C's (the act of actually booking) you are giving them permission to charge your card without further consent from yourself. Even then, its shakey ground on their part.

My advice, if you are not getting anywhere with them, contact your card issuer/bank and tell them you wish to do a 'Charge back' as you did not authourise the transaction. It takes a few days but you should get your money back via the banks.

I hope that makes sense.

Chris
I reckon this may be bad news. On the Beach do have a "terms and conditions" section on their website
http://www.onthebeach.co.uk/popups/terms_of_business
and it does say there will be charges to change hotel - which look to me like £80 per person plus - just for administration!
These charges do seem rather high to me, when you compare them with proper Tour Operators like Thomas Cook or Thomson - who DO charge - but far less than this horrificamount.
I'd try to get it reduced if you can but maybe the lesson for everyone reading this is to avoid "On the Beach" and book elsewhere.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.