Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Palazzo Capua?
9 Posts
Hi There JoJo
All i can tell you is that it must have been a beautiful place many years ago.
Where the Victoria Hotel stands,used to stand the Capua Court Hotel,which i think closed around 1993 - 94.
I remember many times,being on the rooftop of the Capua Court and gazing at the Palazzo Capua.What a fantastic building
c
hello

I was staying at the Victoria hotel last year. I am sure the Palazzo Capua is right next to the Victoria. I intended to go in and have a look around but did not make it. Is this the one??..>> http://www.hwebsystems.com/axgroup/victoriahotel/main_menu/PalazzoCapua/tabid/289/Default.aspx
Yep thats the one Fallan.It looks fantastic.Just wondered where it was in relation to the Victoria as all it mentions is its in the same street.But as you have said you think its right next to the Victoria that has answered my question.
Myself and hubby are actually thinking of booking a week there but thought i would try to find out some more about it first.
Thanks for the replies. :)
v
Happy to help jojo. Yes, it is right next door to the Victoria. Come out the door and turn right. Staff from the Victoria are always going back and forth between the two. I can thoroughly recommend the Victoria as you can see by my review in the hotel section. ...> http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/malta/sliema/victoria-hotel/

Fallan
Thank You.
We have stayed in the Victoria once before and loved it but after seeing the Palazzo Capua thought we might try there. :D
Hi all, we too can vouch for the Victoria it is fabulous, we stayed there in February and loved it so much we are booked to return in November, and yes the Palazzo Capua is right next door http://www.hwebsystems.com/axGroup/main_menu/PalazzoCapua/tabid/289/Default.aspx

Sliema2
  • Edited by Sliema2 2006-08-21 17:20:25
That's really interesting, Allan, I didn't know about the Palazzo Capua! It looks a really beautiful place to stay. In fact I was despairing of finding any accommodation with historical character in Malta and there do seem to be a few.

My Dad stayed in the Victoria earlier this year and also found it excellent. They went to the evening cocktail party and enjoyed that as well.

Ciao

Susan
What a fantastic place to stay.With reference to my previous post,when i stayed at the Capua Court.The Palazzo Capua was then a run down derelict old building where the only guests staying there were cats.I was in Malta a few weeks ago,but didn,t pass Borg Olivier Street,where it is situated
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.