France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Have stayed here four times in the last 2 years, as a stop over on the way to & from the South. Its a top park with a great ambience. Am planning to stay for longer in the future. If you want spec info, please ask.

mitch
Thanks for your reply, was just wondering, did you take your own caravan or stay in their mobile home. We are taking our own caravan and was wondering about the location of the pitches. From Yelloh's brochure they have 2 price ranges for pitches and was wondering where they were located, as we don't like to be in amongst huge trees, and prefer open pitches, do you have any info along these lines.

Thanks
Mitch

Forgot to add, which ferry route did you take, and how long did it take you to drive from the port to Alicourts
Thanks
Just do the Dover calais crossing; with a van you are looking @ about 5 to 6 hours would think. I stayed in mobile home so didn't have to tow. Its 300 miles from calais. They have very good touring pitches, especially the ones facing the lake. They are quite shaded but not too much ( in my opinion anyway ) , although there are some very large pitches, with limited shade located around the site. The pool complex is very good , wave machine as well!!!! very good restuarant, take out blah, blah, blah. hope you like it as much as I did.

Cheers
Mitch
Thanks Mitch,

I have just made a provisional booking for August 2006, just thought i'd let you know that I booked direct with Parc de Alicourt via email pitch only, no ferry included.
I have decided to travel via Eurotunnel and shall be purchasing my Eurotunnel tickets with Tesco deal vouchers. So actual cash cost for our trip which includes 2 adults & 4 children comes in at under £700, which I think is a bargain considering it is at peak time.

Thanks again, looking forward to next years holiday already.
Tp ' The Griffs'
Wow, that is a bargain! How long are you there for? Never done it 'DiY', I think I should look into it.
How much are channel crossings as an independant traveller during peak season? ( always 'assumed' they would be megabucks).
PS, take bikes if you have them, good cycling in the area( & on site), especially for the kids : not to 'hilly', no cars etc...

Cheers
Mitch
We are going for 14 nights from the 7th August onwards. I have been on the Eurotunnel website and they give price bands for different times of the day my outward journey is £98 with caravan and the return is £148 if you are flexible with the times of travel you could return for £98 too. We have a 5-6 hour journey from Folkestone home!! It is much cheaper if you are travelling with just a car. I've travelled a couple of times with Eurotunnel but this will be our first time with our caravan, I have heard that they have been good about travelling at different times to the ones booked and not charged extra if you turn up early. Parc des Allicourts can also give you prices for their own Mobile homes, so give it a go and let us know how the price comes in.
message for the Griffs.

Would you be able to give me the direct email address or website for Parc des allicours. We are hoping to go there in august next year.

thanks
Hi,

Sorry took so long to reply but BT phone line has been out of order for over a week, just been reconnected.

to request prices send email to :-
info@yellohvillage-parc-des-alicourts.com
they will also send brochure to you in October!!
hi the griffs

thanks for the information, I have emailed them.

thanks again
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.