Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
:D Stayed at Parc de Fierbois in June 04. Great park; loads for children to do with either swimming pools or the lake being a great attraction. Yes, there are boats/canoes and bikes for hire etc.
Very clean and spacious with new areas in the woods for shady sites. Local village an easy walk with a few shops. Local roads are quite for bikes. Tours is an easy drive for hypermarkets.
Easy routes to chateaux if you're a culture vulture. Good information centre on site with internet access and lots of tourist info. Entertainment in the evenings is fairly low key. Secure, well-controlled site. Have fun if you go!
Went to Fierbois in 2002 and it was excellent, although the lake is an odd colour. Good shopping nearby, which is essential as the site shop is OK for mopring croissants and baguettes but little else. On-Site Pizerria is great and cycles/tandems/cart hire alos available for kids.
I went to parc de alicourts in august 05 and it was brilliant, a bit in the middle of no where, you need a car to get about, but we never went off site for four days as there is so much to do on site. There is a Auchan hypermarket in Orlean which is about 30 minute drive, or there is a smaller one about 15 minutes drive but there is no shops you can walk to from the site

We have actually booked parc de fierbois for august this year and are hoping it is going to be as good as parc de alicourts

Hope this is of some help
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.