France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
the sun on sat did a review on Parc de Fierbois sounds :D really good
so i'm going to there unless anybody comes up with any other good ideas
:D
Don't know about Alicourt HIdehi, but we stayed on Fierbois about 5 years ago and if my memory serves me well there are canoes to hire. we didn't as i've got a water phobic husband.
The site was good & well situated for Tours which is a lovely town. Also lots of other lovely Loire delights close by. Why don't you ring/ e-mail the site as I'm sure there are good english speakers on the other end of the line.! :wink:
Stayed at Parc de Fierbois in June 04. Great park; loads for children to do with either swimming pools or the lake being a great attraction. Yes, there are boats/canoes and bikes for hire etc.
Very clean and spacious with new areas in the woods for shady sites. Local village an easy walk with a few shops. Local roads are quite for bikes. Tours is an easy drive for hypermarkets.
Easy routes to chateaux if you're a culture vulture. Good information centre on site with internet access and lots of tourist info. Entertainment in the evenings is fairly low key. Secure, well-controlled site. Have fun if you go!
Just back from parc de fierbois at the weekend (30th July)
It is a great park and the lake is really good to swim in etc. Never used pedaloes but plenty did. Not sure about canoes though as there didn't seem to be any in use.
The nearest hypermarket must be Tours though we never used one. There is an intermarche in St Maure de Touraine - about 10 mins away.
Top tip for the holiday is to go to the Jeanne D'Arc restaurant in St Catherine de Fierbois it's miles better than the campsite restaurant.
hope it warms up

does anybody have any idea of what the weather would be like normally ??
got back from Parc de Fierbois june 4th and the park was lovely however a bit nippy its now in the 90s sods law

no childrens club in low season and indoor pool problems ie little bugs from wooden decking ( which is needing to be looked at )

the camp is lovely , green good pitches under trees, skateboard park, tennis courts, archery, outdoor pool good but cold in june

Lake side walks and fishing was good with children catching loads of roach , perch and mirror carp on a pole with maggots

children love the high wires and zip wire across the lake

park is close to the wine trail and good area to visit the chateaus good place to tour from
# best caravans were thompsons or the camps own ones
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.