Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
hello everyone-still looking for my summer hols!have now been viewing park resorts and their sites,in particular Brynowen in west wales.We went to south wales last year and had a great time at Pendine Sands near Tenby.Would now like to try another area[but not North wales-have been there before!]
The park resorts website looks good and will book a gold standard caravan if we go.Would really appreciate comments on Park resorts in general and Brynowen itself if anyone's been!There looks like there's a lot to do in the area!Cheers you lovely people!

Hi Marshy

Personally can't help with Park Resorts as we take our tourer abroad in the summer, but the South and Weest Wales is lovely for any activity you can want :lol: even shopping :(
Have you tried a Google on Brynowen it gives you 957 replies so give it a go

regards
Gray
the madcaravanner
http://www.madcaravanner.co.uk
My in-laws have a caravan on thee Brynowen Park resort site. I suppose it depends on what you want from your holiday. We have 4 children, ageed 13, 7, 6 and 1. They do enjoy the holiday, but every time we go the weather is rubbish! Wee have been about 10 times. The beach is great -really lovely.
The pool isn't open all day. It is closed for a few hours, which wee were disappointed about, especially as we all trawled down to the baths!! There is a big slide there, but you have to queue up outside!! to use it & its only open for a very limited time.
The amusement arcade is really small, and most of the caravans are up an extremely steep slope (ours isn't!!), you would have to drive up the slope (not good if you want to have a drink in the bar!!)
The food is limited, but i do believe it has improved slightly - don't expect too much - chicken in a basket etc...
To be honest, if you want a quiet relaxing holiday, its great, but if you have children, it doesn't keep them entertained.
The nightly entertainment is very good, but make sure you get there before7.30 as it is very hard to get a seat
i like brynowen and i think there is a lot to do for kids .we went 2 year s ago and the pool is open 10-6 and closed for 1 hour for dinner.there is kids clubs on 3 times a day morning just after dinner and just after tea.plus there was entertainment in the club for them .when we go we have been on site 1 or 2 whitch are on the level.the touring caravan's are there too.they have a restaurant and a chippy in the club.in the restaurant the do good breakfast's for £1.99.we are going again oct half term and we love it .plus we go with our tourer in the summer hols.there is'nt alot in the village of borth it is like a ghost town but it depends what you want. 10 miles away is aber that has everything.if you go i'm sure you'll enjoy it
We had a great long weekend here although some things were misleading. When we arrived we were very impressed with the size of the caravan, we had paid a little extra for a silver plus and were more than happy with it. The cleanliness was another issue. I had to clean before setting the baby down anywhere. The toilet still had the last people's excrement in it, and there was hair in the shower :yikes I should have gone up to complain but instead I cleaned myself so that we could get on and enjoy the holiday.
Leisure- The pool stated that they had an aqua babies class on the Saturday morning, so off we went. We waited and waited in the pool only to then realize that all it meant was that only babies were allowed in the pool for that 1 hour. So not really a CLASS!!
Had a great time in Borth Animalarium, £12 per adult which might seem a little steep however it was a great little place with a cafe too. It helped that the weather was glorious. It was around a 10 min walk from the caravan park.
We also walked to the train station which took 20 minutes to walk to, and headed to Machynlleth which had lovely quaint little shops, cafe's, pubs e.t.c. On another day we headed in to Aberystwyth on the train where we did some shopping. Kids entertainment was fine with Sparkie and Sparkle and late night cabaret. There was bingo every evening at 7pm with final house reaching the £100 mark.
Just remember that on Sunday night the Sparkie and Sparkle shop at the club was closed. We hadn't known this and our intention was to buy the baby a cuddly toy on our last night, but we couldn't do this.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.