Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
There are parts of this that have to be put down to experience. Static caravans are drafty down to the ventilation required and we too have learnt the hard way not to book a standard caravan for times when the weather might not be too warm. Having spent a week in Scotland sleeping in the living area with the gas fire on, now we know that central heating is a must, something you don't get in the standard models. I have been to Pendine sands and it's layout worked for us as it was nice and quiet, but perhaps your research didn't give you quite enough information.

However what is unacceptable, is the cleanliness and bad repair of the van. We actually ended up at Pendine Sands having moved from Kiln park for the same reasons. Did you ask for or did they offer an alternative park? I can see that pet friendly accomodation may not have been available, but that doesn't excuse the poor customer service. Would the staff dealing with you have been prepared to sleep in that van? I suspect not!!

If your complaint is based on being cold I suspect that is why you are getting nowhere, however if you have any pictures showing the state of the van I would send those and tackle it from that point of view, since that is the only element of the holiday that you didn't 'choose'.

Good luck, hope you get some satisfaction.

Pam
I agree you got bad customer service. A smilar thing happend to us a couple of years back on a Haven site in Dorset. We too had a dog with us but the caravan they put us in was disgusting, everything was very damp and the windows were thick black mould. I have to say though that after having complained, we were moved to a far better caravan that wasn't actually rented out for guests with dogs but they didn't have another van available so we got up-graded and went on to enjoy the rest of our short break.

One thing we do tend to do if we're renting a caravan in the cooler months is to take a couple of small electric heaters with us, they can make all the difference especially in the bedrooms.

I hope you have better luck next time.
Sorry to hear about the trouble you had at pendine, I went there 9 years ago in the begining of may and found it the coldest caravan site we ever visited, we were a family of 5 and we only lasted 1 night out of the 4 that we booked. We had never been so cold at night and even put our coats and clothing over us to try to keep warm. The caravan was ok but when we do go in april or may we now make sure we book a caravan with double glazing and central heating.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.