Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
this statement is on the fco.gov.uk we page for travel advise to egypt.

the link is

http://www.fco.gov.uk/servlet/Front?pagename=OpenMarket%2FXcelerate%2FShowPage&c=Page&cid=1007029390590&a=KCountryAdvice&aid=1013618385875

don't know if i would risk it though!

*edit please use link due to copyright Briar
sorry briar, i forgot, got carried away!
4 Hours spare in Durham.....now let me see, maybe a spot of shopping for your forthcoming trip? Go for it, do us proud!!
Annie
have lunch overlooking the river..... there are some nice shops in Durham, as well as a branch of Waitrose!
Got it yesterday. :D

Had a good stroll around Durham, nice place. Took 4 hours all together, can't complain really.

Getting married in the Morning :shock: :? :shock:

Off t'Egypt Sunday :D

Thanks again for all your help
Good news re passport and good luck for tomorrow. Have a fantastic day and enjoy your honeymoon in Egypt
I've just noticed that it says for travel into Egypt your passport should have at least 6 months left before its expiry date for entry into egypt. My Uk passport will only have 5, but it says many people will get in ok anyway. I was wondering if anyone has got any advice or has been successful or unsuccessful in getting into Egypt with a passport with less than 6 months before expiry.

Thanks
When we checked in last month (Monarch flight to Taba) the check-in staff were noting the expiry date of passports on the tickets as we handed them in.
Can't be sure they were checking the six months but it seems likely.
With the current heightened security (which will remain to some extent it seems) I would strongly recommend you get a new passport.
Do you definitely need 6 months left on your passport if you travel to Shamel Sheikh ?

If so is the 6 months from when you land in the country or return back ?

Thanks
You need 6 months left from date of travel, but what ever you have left on old passport will bee added on to new one.

Jo
Thanks Jo - Best I know in advance to get a new one for our son - Regards
HI,
Please can anyone give me advice, I have just read that you need a passport valid for 6 months, ours expire in may and we go next week the 16th..
maga churned up stomach!!!
please help
many thanks
kaz
You need to get a priority appointment with passport office and get a new one - there is a priority service that you can pay for and you will have your new passport in a day.

Nicki
Hi, as Nikki said you will need to phone the passport office to make a priority appointment so suggest you do that today. You will be given a set appointment and will need to attend the passport office together with your old passport, relevant paperwork and photos, in person. I had to do this with my daughter as she was in the same position a couple of years ago. The passport application pack, available from the post office gives details of the new, stricter guidellines for photographs so I made sure photos complied with the new standards and as she had altered quite a bit between the ages of 12 and 17 had them countersigned by a teacher friend just in case. We went to the Peterborough office which was very efficient - handed paperwork in which was then checked and then shopped for a couple of hours before picking passport up. A bit of a hassle but worth the effort to know that you will have a stress free start to your holiday! Good luck, Caro
Thank you for your help, I have made an appointment, and will make sure I have photos taken in shop rather than booth, have a teacher friend who can countersign, I'm just a worrier and didn't realise till this morning that Egypt would be any different from some other countries that don't require 6 months validity.
thanks for your help
We are going to Egypt in February and I've just noticed that my 10 year old son's passport expires in May this year. Will this be ok? I now realise that there should be 6 months left on his passport but in view of him being only 10 and there being 3 months left, will this be ok???
It's not worth the risk, you need to have six months validity on the date you leave Egypt. You can make an emergency appointment with the passport office if necessary ;)
renewed my daughters using post office check and send a fortnight ago using regular (not rapid) service.
Was at post office on Tuesday, passport delivered by courier on Thursday morning. 48 hours WOW!!

Don't take the risk for travel, you have plenty of time to get the renewal done! Better safe than sorry.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.