Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
There is a fast ferry from Penang to Langkawi.Takes around 2-21/2 hours I believe.Not sure of the cost but transport costs in Malaysia are generally low.
Thanks checked out the ferry website it seems along time spent traveling on the ferry for a day trip I guess they do flights from penang to langkawi does any one know what airlines to check with other than MAS.
Sorry the only other airline is AirAsia & they don't fly direct from Penang to Langkawi.
could you not stay for a night in langkawi?
i know my sister,did last year.it doesn,t cost alot.
there are plenty of places,to book from in penang,but i think you will,be going on the ferry,as the best way to get there.
just returned from the park royal,last night rickt,any questions,just ask.
will do a hotel report soon.
tracy
We are only in Penang for 5 nights (4 full days) and have 3 trips booked so don't really have spare time for a night in langkawi (MAS only do 1 flight per day so that idea is out as well).

Will be looking forward to your hotel/trip report.
whjen we went to Penang last year we had thought about doing the same, that is, going to Langkawi for the day because we had heard it was so beautiful. However, the logistics made us change our mind and Penang has loads of things to do. One of the best things is the night market outside many of the large hotels, and the hawker stalls where I would recommend one eats.

Have fun
The hawker stalls were really popular when we were there. Beautiful food and so cheap.
was also going to visit langkawi,but must admit,never got round to it,as we also found,so much to do.
loved the night market,had to buy another case,cos you don't realise how much you buy.brought loads of dvd's,& they have all played great.learnt off my sister though,to go to a guy,opposite the golden sands hotel,in the food court,as he will play them for you,before you buy.
the food stalls were also great,the best one we found was leannes,on the way to the beach,next to the golden sands hotel.fantastic food & so cheap.( another tip,from my sister )
tracy
if you ask any of the DVD sellers they will play them for you. A suggestion is to ask them play the last few scenes- a couple of the ones I bought did not play at the end.
sorry,but 2 i asked,on the main road,said no.
if they played them for me,then they would have to play them,for everyone,is what i was told & this was only last week,so not all of them will play them for you!
tracy
Fair enough but I found your answer very abrupt, I am only speaking about my experiences over the last 4 years.
To anybody who has been to Penang recently did you happen to notice any mobile phone shops near to the Park Royal as I want to pick a prepaid sim card to use whilst in malaysia.
just came back rickt,can honestly say i didn't notice,any mobile phone shops,however i will also ask,the other couple we went with & if the information,is ant different,i will let you know.
tracy
rickt!
i have posted some photos,of the park royal,in the far east album,if you want to take a look.
tracy
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.