Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
Been going to Lanzarote for about 15 years now, been to PDC, Costa Teguise and Playa Blanca and finally settled on Playa Blanca as the nicest resort for us. Several nice beaches. lots of good, value for money, restaurants, a mix of quiet and peaceful and lively entertainment. If you like Costa Adeje in Tenerife then you will like PB. We're booked again for this coming winter.
Thanks for the reply pollensa, much appreciated. Do you stay in a villa or apartment/ hotel ? would you have any recomendations for us ?
We've stayed in hotels in all three resorts and S/C apartments in PDC and Playa Blanca. We much prefer S/C apts now because we go for 1 month. This coming winter we've booked an apt in the Casas Del Sol resort just on the edge of PB. There are lots of nice 4*/5* hotels along the front in PB, although some are quite a distance from the resort centre, check a map before booking. If you have a look at...
http://www.ownersdirect.co.uk
http://www.holidaylettings.co.uk/
...and Google "Hotels in Playa Blanca", you will get info. If you see something that interests you I'd be happy to give you advice if I can.
Everything of course depends on your budget. On the 2 sites above we've not had any bad experiences with the property owners as long as you spell out exactly in advance what you're looking for in terms of comfort and facilities. With regard to the hotels the budget can go as high as you like, but I have not heard of a really bad one in PB.
Just to clarify, Casas Del Sol are not an apartment block, they are a complex of terraced villas. It's a residential complex and was one of the first of it's kind built in PB. The pool is saltwater, there are also tennis courts. If you want somewhere quiet these are ideal, like many residential complexes the pool is mostly deserted during the week. It is set on a hillside and the paths can be steep depending on where your villa is. They are in an ideal location just across from the harbour and 5 minutes from the main shopping area in PB. Just across the road beside the harbour you have a shopping centre with a spar, some bars and restauarants and a couple of chinese takewaways. There is a large Hiperdino supermarket within walking distance.

If you're looking for somewhere a bit more lively Las Brisas, 2 complexes up would be ideal, it was the original Wimpey built timeshare place in PB. It has a bar and restaurant onsite with evening entertainment, freshwater pool and the comfiest sunbeds you've ever seen. It is always very busy, especially around the pool area. It's 2 minutes from the shopping centre and on the other side of the dual carriageway from the large Hiperdono supermarket.

I've stayed at both complexes and wouldn't hesitate to recommend either of them.
It is set on a hillside and the paths can be steep depending on where your villa is

Can I ask, in the nicest possible way, what do hillsides look like where you come from? :que I know the Casas Del Sol well and in no way could any of the paths be described as steep. I mention it only so people are not put off by what is, in my view, an exaggeration. :)
Thanks guys for the suggestions, I am hovering over the 'book it' button ! I have found a few lovely villa's for our dates, one being on the marina rubicon and the other being on parque del ray, my only concern would be the weather really . I believe the south of the island is a bit sunnier ? hence choosing playa blanca, we would be going 29th march to 5th april, I know the weather can be pot luck anywhere, but we have been lucky with it in tenerife. Has anyone been early april before ?
many thanks for any replies :)
Has anyone been early april before ?

Yes, several times, and the weather was very pleasant during the day with temps in the 20'sC, cool in the evenings, very occasional rain.
Shorts, T-shirt during the day, going to the beach, swimming. In the evening a jacket or light sweater.
A hillside looks like a hillside :tup

We were at the top of the complex near the tennis courts. It's a fair old trek up the hill from the spar carrying 5l of water. It may not be Ben Nevis bit it's a hill all the same. Also, when you arrive you can only drive so far so you need to drag/carry your cases up the hill too if you're at the top.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.