Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
You could take a look at the regente or los dalmatas they are all inclusive and the beach is close by mazza
I'd go for either The Regente or Los Dalmatus too! Both nice Hotels with friendly staff!

Best Regards - Taggy
Thanks the gemelos look good will bear them in mind for another time.

Thanks for the recommendations of The Regente and Los Dalmatas but not keen on either of them after reading Trip advisor and seeing pics. I seen the Palm Beach hotel which looks quite nice but not too sure about that hill!

Will keep searching

Thanks again
A bus runs every 15mins I think and I'm sure the hotel give you tickets for it.
Would prefer the Regente or Dalmatus anytime over the Palm Beach!!

Best Regards - Taggy
ive stayed in both the palm beach and Dalmatas a few times , i would say the palm beach is a far better hotel , only thing is the free bus stops about 9-30 pm.
Rennie - the Melia looks lovely and just the type of pool we love, however not sure about some of the reviews it's gotten.

Lozzie & Taggy the Dalmatus looks in an ideal location but again reading the reviews it doesn't sound very good.

Right I think it is between the Palm Beach and Regente now.

Thanks all
I stayed at the Regente last year, having previously stayed at the Flamingo Oasis several times. I much prefered the Regente, it's more personal being smaller, the staff were great, as was the food. It's handy for shops/bars/indoor market, not far from the beach. Through the day, the all inclusive snacks were freshly made for you from a menu, they were very good IMO.
There isnt much around the Palm beach to see or do,its a fair walk to the beach and main strip. Yes there is a free bus however it stops for around 2/3 hours during the day for a siesta and is some times hit and miss if and when it turns up. I havnt stayed at the Regente so cant say weather to stay there or not, Palm beach looks lovely on first impression but the rooms are in die need of updating. I wouldnt stay again as it is to far out and nothing to do around the hotel at all. Hope you find the right place for you and have a nice time. :)
I have stayed at the Regente twice before and couldn't agree more with what whitewineandsoda has said. I have booked again to go in March, great hotel, no frills but very clean, foods good and the staff are friendly.
I wouldn't contemplate staying at the Palm Beach as it doesn't get very good reviews and is on a steep hill.

Sue :)
Thanks all, I am definitely swinging towards the Regente now, however the pool area does look a bit cramped from the pics and we are hoping to travel the last week of term in July so not sure about it.

Any other suggestions of websites for booking, have checked Travel Republic and Alpha beds and the Regente is coming out at over £300 dearer than the Palm Beach. This is for 2 adults and 2 children. We are driving down so don't have to worry about flights.

I have stayed in the Regente, Melia and Palm Beach.
The Melia is by far the better hotel, it is a totally different class compared to the other 2. It would be my first choice of hotel if I were to stay in that part of the town again.
The Regente is ok and I would stay there again if the price was right.
I would never even think about staying in the Palm Beach again.
My friend stayed at the palm beach last year while i stopped at the ambassador and that was july .She said if she was lucky to get a bed at the pool they had to move there beds and chase the sun so in the end she went to the beach lol and if she missed the bus it was a long walk back uphill .. mazza
Fuzzy fell - the Melia does look lovely, shame they don't do all inclusive, also there was a lot of reviews saying there was a lot of break ins etc.

Mazza that hill does sound a bit of a mare, we did drive up it last year and wouldn't have fancied walking up it in the blistering heat. Mind you we're not adverse to taking the odd taxi.

Such a dilemma!
Kjrv would you not consider full board instead of all inclusive.There are a few good hotels with full board facilities a lot better than all inclusive but each to there own didnt like the drink at the all inclusive hotels so now go full board myself .Dont like being tied to the hotel ..good luck and i hope you find what your looking for kjrv keep us posted mazza
would you not consider full board instead of all inclusive.There are a few good hotels with full board facilities a lot better than all inclusive but each to there own didnt like the drink at the all inclusive hotels so now go full board myself .Dont like being tied to the hotel ..good luck and i hope you find what your looking for kjrv keep us posted mazza

If it was a nice enough hotel and the right price we may consider F/B, we stayed S/C at the Terralta last year and we spent so much on ice creams and drinks for the kids, plus taxis as it was miles from anywhere.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.