Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
Port Des Torrent
14 Posts
We've been to the Seaview 3 times now, our 4th time will be in September and we've never been into Port D'es Torrent itself.

For a stack of shops, bars & restaurants you only need to walk 10 mins along the coast and you reach the San Antonio Bay.

You can walk to San Antonio, we did it one night pushing a pushchair with our 4yo in and we did it in about an hour and it is a nice walk.

The quickest way is by taxi, the nicest way is by water taxi which goes from the beach next to the hotel but I believe the last water taxi leaves at about 6pm or 7pm ish. The cheapest way is by bus which stops right outside the hotel.

Any other tips - hire a car and get out for the day and take a trip round the island. Ibiza Town at night is fantastic, the Hippy market at Es Cana is a good trip out, the water park at Playa D'en Bossa is good too.
KeefG wrote:
We've been to the Seaview 3 times now, our 4th time will be in September and we've never been into Port D'es Torrent itself.

For a stack of shops, bars & restaurants you only need to walk 10 mins along the coast and you reach the San Antonio Bay.

You can walk to San Antonio, we did it one night pushing a pushchair with our 4yo in and we did it in about an hour and it is a nice walk.

The quickest way is by taxi, the nicest way is by water taxi which goes from the beach next to the hotel but I believe the last water taxi leaves at about 6pm or 7pm ish. The cheapest way is by bus which stops right outside the hotel.

Any other tips - hire a car and get out for the day and take a trip round the island. Ibiza Town at night is fantastic, the Hippy market at Es Cana is a good trip out, the water park at Playa D'en Bossa is good too.

Thanks Keefg

So its 10 mins to San Antonio Bay and approx 1 hr to San Antonio Town? I take it the water taxi goes to the town?
Trips sound good too - how much is it to hire a car in peak season?

thanks again :cheers
1 hour depends how fast you walk,carhire look for a 3 day deal when you get there.loads of hire places along the bay road.make sure you take car licence and credit card with you.some do a 3 day deal for less than £100.00.price them up againts what the hotel charge as well.
10 minute walk takes you to the Cala de Bou area of San Antonio bay and there are a lot of shops, bars and restaurants there including ones with childrens play areas, crazy golf, bouncy castles, trampolines etc etc.

You can get the bus right outside of your hotel to San Antonio Town, but be warned that the prices in San Antonio Town are about 1/3 more expensive than in San Antonio Bay/Cala de Bou eg Same meal in Bay was €6.99 compared to €9.99 in town and seemed to be so for everything. Due to the one way system through the bay the bus doesn't pass all of the shops and bars etc in San Antonio bay on the way into the town but does pass them all on the way back so if you walked in to the bay you'd be able to get the bus back.

Also, if you come out of the seaview and turn right and head to the beach, across the other side of the bar are a couple of bars and restuarants right on the beach which are not only very cheap but also very nice. They are what is really Port Des Torrent.
Thanks for your responses, I was a bit worried that the Seaview was a bit out on a limb in Port Des Torrent but if we are only 10 mins walk away from bars/restaurants etc then that's ideal.

Really looking forward to our hols now.

If anyone can recommend any specific bars/restaurants etc then please let me know. I have always found this to be the best way of ensuring a nice night out!

happy holidays :cheers
your 10mins from the far end of san antonio bay, which contains plenty of shops, bars and funparks.

you dont really need to venture any further.
We have stayed in both the Pueblo Ibiza (a wee bit far out) and the Nereida in Port des Torrent, both located at the far end of the bay. The Nerida isnt that far from Seaview and I am sure you will enjoy this location.

Enjoyed walking from there and used to find that half way along the bay there was some nice restaurants and pubs
which suited us fine. If we felt lazy we jumped on a bus into San Antonio itself and occasionally went further on into Ibiza Town. Obviously you are not in the midst of all the action but everything is easy accessible.

Enjoy your holiday!
new one way system now in use in the bay area.
Slightly off topic, but when I first went to the Island (about 37 years ago !) We stayed at the Galfi - just outside San Antonio town - and used to cycle down to Port des Torrent from the Hotel. At that time after the Hawii Hotel ther was basically no development at all. As the years have passed by it seems that the "Bay" resort is gradually creeping around towards Port des Torrent and will soon (if not already) be a continuous run of Hotels Bars & Restaurants.

Not been for about 4 years so would be intersted to know how far it has reached.

Not sure its a good or bad thing
Good - it keeps all the development together in one place
Bad - more of the "natural" Island being eaten up.

Difficult balancing act !

:que
they don't call it port des cement for nothing!

that seaview development stood as an unfinished blot on the landscape for years - something about not having the right permissions if i remember correctly.

sdII
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.