Spain - Balearics - Ibiza Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Ibiza.
You can get breakfast on site at the poolside cafe/restaurant which also doubles as a restaurant at night.

San Antonio Bay is about a 10 minute walk where there are an abundance of bars and restaurants.

You can also pay to upgrade to Half Board/Bed and Breakfast/Evening Meal in the Hotels Buffet restaurant. Its cheaper to pay for a whole week rather than individual days and is well worth the money (about €15.00 per day for half board if paying for a whole week).
Hi
Just got back from the Seaview Country Club (about 90mins ago).

I wouldn't recommend upgrading to B&B or Half Board, like many of the people staying there, we were not very impressed.
The breakfast staff were very lax, with some items being unavailable for 30-40mins at a time, and you cannot have a hot drink with an evening meal!
The food wasn't terrible, but it wasn't outstanding either.

Prices for food and drink in the hotel complex is quite high compared to other places we've been to, or went to during our stay, and the restaurant charges even more than the other bars in the hotel.

The best places to eat are 10-15mins walk down the road (all on the flat, no hills. The Golden Crown pub is well worth a visit for a roast dinner, and the Casablanca bar serves some nice food (although avoid the pies like the plague unless you like them microwaved into a solid lump) - the Lamb Chops are a definite "good buy".
Likewise, there's a restaurant/cafe above the bowling alley, avoid the pies there for the same reason.
There are a number of other places to eat down there (the bowling alley itself serves some nice snacks), and there's a Chinese and Indian restaurant too (we didn't use these).

The shops and supermarket outside the hotel are also expensive. €3.55 for a pint of milk, compared to about €1.35 down the road, and €2.80-€5.00 for 5l of water compared to €1 down the road.

We only ate breakfast in the restaurant, as there is a good selection (and we had pre-booked the half board), so I can't comment on the breakfasts elsewhere.

There is a second restaurant in the hotel, that runs as a Mexican for part of the week, and an A La Carte for the rest of the week. These aren't included in the half-board options, and are not on a buffet service, so the meals may be of a better quality (and the prices didn't look too bad on those).

We only used the poolside snack bar once, and found it a little pricey, but not too much, and the food was quite nice.
There's also a snack bar just over the road from the hotel that didn't seem too expensive.

If you go into San Antonio itself, you will find plenty of decent places to eat at reasonable prices.
To get into San Antonio, the bus runs at 5past the hour from outside the hotel, and costs €1.20 per person (a standard fare for under 9km) or you can take the water taxi.
The Water Taxi costs €3.50 from the beach, or €2 if you walk about 15mins down the road (ask for directions to Playa Bella beach).
I wouldn't advise you walk into San Antonio, we made it about 3/4 of the way and gave up & got the bus :P
A taxi will cost about €7 each way.

It's definitely worth walking down to the main shop/bar/restaurant area, as teh food is much better, and everything is a lot cheaper.
fatgit, where do you reckon the best pies in the bay area are to be had?
Well, to be honest, we kind of stayed off pies after a couple of bad ones :P (different cafe's)
They seem to have a habit of microwaving pies to the point the insides are a lump of charcoal :o
I can't remember of the best place we found to eat in San Antonio itself, but it's on the front near the fountains, has red & white checked tablecloths, and the sign is a white one with red writing, I think it says Bar Pizzaria - doesn't help much I know, but I can recommend the Lasagne, Carbonara & 4 Cheese Pizza (the Roquefort cheese was superb) :p

We spent about €35 for 4 of us, and I was on pints of San Miguel :)
Most of the restaurants seem to be pretty reasonable in San An itself.

If you want to eat closer, the Casablanca or the Golden Crown (both near the mini-roundabout just down the road from the hotel) are a good choice.
I'd avoid the little fish restaurant on the way Can Pujol or similar, some of the prices there are €98!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.