Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Good stuff Candida, who did you travel with?

I love going early and late season, you always get spare seats :)
Meant to ask ... what was the traffic issue? Just french holiday traffic, or some roadworks, etc?

When we came back in May, it was the Monaco Grand Prix, but the smart cookies on the interbrava coach asked if we didn't mind getting on through the traffic and having our evening stop later on .. which meant we got through the traffic, made it past the Lyon bottleneck, and were at calais docks at 6am for the first ferry

Flexibility is always a good thing :D
I travelled with Sunways. They are really good, easily on a par with Ferris. However, they don't pick up in Scotland I'm afraid Cider!

The traffic was simply the French going home. We were a little late leaving Spain - 2 pm, thats why we ended up in the thick of the Saturday afternoon traffic.

Still, the coach was well stocked with drinks and snacks and it didn't really matter.

One small negative comment.......The loud violent DVD's were not to my taste!! :( How I wish they had individual head sets!
Not many companies do, candida

I've really only got Interbrava, Siesta, and Club C to choose from!

I know both interbrava and siesta do the individual headsets, they are a godsend believe me! Don't get me wrong, i like some of the films, but when it's one i dont like ... on with the music :)
We were in the same traffic, it was the volume of holiday makers going home from the costa brava , i was taking to a ferris driver about sunways and he said they only run 1 coach per trip to the costa brava, is this true. :shock:
As far as I am aware they take one coach load (43 people) every Friday. Our courier said the week we were there, from August 10th, was the quietest summer week they'd ever had. However, the remaining 2 weeks of the school holidays they are completely full and also for a couple of weeks in early September too. ( when the prices come right down )

This year we were on a hired coach. It was OK and of the same standard as their own coach. Apparantly they have just bought a brand new coach and are having teething problems with it! :?

We have travelled with Ferris in the past and I saw lots of their coaches while we were on route. The reason we favour Sunways is simply because they have a pick up point 5 minutes away from where we live. :D We have also used Siesta in the past....bad experience! We were transferred at Dover on to the oldest, noisiest, clapped out, over- heating coach you ever saw. That's another story and about 9 years ago!!!
Thats good sunways are most closest to you, i live in sheffield, and have a good choice. ive been with siesta once and ferris five times, ferris is the most difficult one to reach, sunways pull in at meadowhall nearest to me, siesta and interbrava pull in at city centre.
I went to L'Estartit a couple of weeks ago with Interbrava from Sheffield and was picked up and dropped off at Meadowhall coach park.
I'm pretty sure that when we went with Interbrava in May, we dropped off at a coach park in Sheffield, although i think it was to help someone meet an interconnecting train.

You will find that companies will be flexible sometimes if you ask ... my only slight gripe about that, is that when we went slightly out of our way to do that drop in Sheffield, we got stuck in traffic, etc. It was great that we helped this person make their train, but there were people on our bus who were having to travel onto Dundee after being dropped in Edinburgh ... what if that extra favour makes them miss a train? I always think consideration has to be given to those spending longest on the bus :)
I like interbravas pick up time for sheffield. could go with them in the future as i am looking for a quite evening sleep.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.