Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
I know one thing from experience,the German TUI reps aren't rampant p***heads like the British ones!
I'm sure they are not!
Anyway, booked it yesterday. Staying at Afroditi Venus Beach Hotel in Kamar on a B&B basis. 4 stars no less!
Booked it via my local TUI office. But as It's last minute, the holiday is actually through Bucher Reisen which is part of Thomas Cook.
Cost - 567 Euros per person which is £502. So comparable to the UK.
I wanted to take a taxi transfer, but they said I would have to contact Bucher to do that. So, anyone know the cost of a taxi from Santorini airport to Kamari?
8 sleeps to go!
Agent Intervoice over and out.
Travelrepublic price return taxi for up to 4 people at £103. Shuttle bus return pp £19
Travelrepublic price return taxi for up to 4 people at £103

That is an insane price! I don't know exactly how much it is to just get a taxi at the airport (rather than book), but I wouldn't pay more than €20 each way, probably less, it's only about 6km away! Pre-booked is usually more.
If you decide to just get one from the ones waiting outside the terminal, send one of your party out to claim one before they all gat nabbed!
BTW, if there are only 2 of you, don't be too surprised if you end up with someone else sharing, both parties pay the full price. This is common practice when it's busy.
The transfers both from and to the airport are incuded in the holiday price. But through past experience, I don't want to spend maybe over an hour on a bus dropping other people off, hence the taxi.

There are only 2 of us, so just maybe ask one of the taxis waiting how much whilst 'er indoors tells the rep twhat we are doing.

£103 return with TR :yikes What is it, a stretch limmo with dinner thrown in!
it's always the same with taxi transfers,they seem to charge each passenger the price of the journey much like if buying a bus or train ticket,scandalous rip off,especially when the tour operators ring you out of the blue a week before you travel and try to sell it to you,and lie about how much it would cost you to simply flag down the exact same cab yourself,i've spoken to countless people in the bar that have paid 100 euros return for their transfer only to find out the 15 minute drive only costs around 20
Hi All,
Well, got back on 23rd May after a great 2 weeks in Kamari.
The weather was a bit hit and miss on the first week. Quite a lot of cloud, and quite chilly in the evenings, and very windy. Second week picked up. Had a half day of rain, thunder, and lightening, but by 15:30 had wall to wall sunshine, and for the rest of the 2nd week too.
Hotel (Afroditi Venus beach) was good. Stayed B&B, breakfast was good with a lot of choice of hot & cold buffet. Room was also good. Free safe, free aircon, TV, fridge (all be it small) Linen/towels changed every 2 days.
On our second day, we recieved a fax from the TUI office where we booked the holiday saying have a great time hope weather is good etc.. That's a first!
Been to Perissa twice, this was first time to Kamari, and was pleasently suprised.
Better start saving for the next one. Hopefully in September. Kerrrrching 1 Euro into the piggy bank. Only another 1000 or so to go :bling
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.