Camping and Caravanning UK and Europe

Discussions regarding camping and caravanning in the UK and the rest of Europe.
I haven't personally done a Wigwam Holiday but a family in our church had a fantastic holiday at the Machrihanish site a couple of years ago. Their kids were then 11, 13 and 16.
My boss stayed at Pot a doodle do Wigwam village in Berwick and him and his family loved it, his kids were 8 and 6 at the time. He would love to go back but the kids have found the delights of holidaying abroad.

here is the link
http://www.northumbrianwigwams.com/index.html
Hi

I stayed in a wigwam for two nights on the Isle of Skye and i'd really recommend it. There were only two of us in our wigwam which was spacious although it said it slept up to 4/5, i'd say this is pushing it!!

Ours had a radiator and tv as well as tea/coffee making facilities. We shared the bathrooms with the main hostel just to the side of us. There's no storage facilities to unpack your belongings so if your happy to live out of your bag then it'll be fine.

I've got some pictures of it but not sure how to attach them?
Hi Claudia

You can upload your pictures to our Photo Galleries, link at the top of the page.

You will find instructions in our Help & Assistance forum if you get stuff and please remember to include the location, country and date as they will get deleted if this information is missing.

luci :wave
Hi there,

I have been on three wigwam holidays now and I can highly recommend them.

I went to Applecross away up north during the February break. It was fantastic - the best scenery on the road up there. Long drive from where we live - 6 hours but was worth it. The Applecross in does the best seafood! The wigwams are on the campsite just up the hill from the pub and local shop. They had 5 wigwams at that time but now I think they have more. The small wam we got was great but I think they have bigger ones now. Clean and tidy with plugs so you can take some home comforts like; hairdryers, phone chargers, kettle, toastie machine, george foreman grill, mini dvd players, cd players.

Just back from a trip upto Sands at Gairloch (again away up north) fantastic site right on the beach with lots of amenities. Wigwams there are much bigger and sleep 5. We then went for three nights at East Grange near Elgin - wams were same as Sands but site not as good. Shower wasn't up to much.

We're now looking to book somewhere near by for a weekend in November and somewhere on Skye in February!

Wigwams are amazing, you can carry on camping during the winter! Bed, Heating, Electricity! What more do you need!

Get yourself booked up!

Sazmataz
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.