Spain - All Other Costas, Inland Areas Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding all Spanish areas not covered.
The journey from Conil - Faro takes around 3 hours as there is no direct road up the coast because of the national park. You effectively make a 'detour' to the outskirts of Seville although it is a very good road - dual carriageway/motorway all the way.

Conil is a nice traditional Spanish seaside town. I've never been for New Year so I can't comment from experience but it's probably quiet at the time of year although it never closes down completely!

Have you thought about staying in Cadiz itself? A beautiful city and it isn't as seasonal as the other seaside resorts tend to be so is likely to have more going on. It's still convenient for day trips to Jerez, Conil and even Seville although Tarifa and Algerciras are approx half an hour further away for the ferry ports than Conil.

If give me an idea on what sort of accomodation are you looking for - hotel/apartment/villa I might be able to offer some other suggestions for areas to stay.

The website for the Morrocco ferry is http://www.frs.es/index.php Nothing is showing on the timetable for December/January but I'd guess that's because the winter schedules are not out yet.
Hi,

thanks for the info, my wife wants to be right by the sea so Conil looks good even though it may be quiet at that time of year i think we will do day trips to the other places including Morrocco hopefully.

Regards

SB
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.