General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Hi Emma and welcome to HT :wave
Do you have a budget in mind? Travelling distance? When are you thinking of going?

The more information your provide, the better.

Mark :)
Looking at the beginning of Sept budget of £500 per person (2adults 1 baby) anywhere!!
Personally I'd recommend going to an apart-hotel or apartment so that you will have use of kitchen/kettles etc for bottles/food.

We took our twins to Majorca when they were 7 months old and live to tell the tale - stayed in an apartment in Cala Bona. I guess a hotel would be okay if you could guarantee a kettle there for your bottles etc.
Villa holiday in the South of France - seasons over by then but it's lovely. You need your own kitchen with short people!!!

Above all enjoy it!
I have taken my babies abroad and I would say an apartment or villa would be better than a hotel as you would have a fridge and be able to heat milk etc.

You would also then be able to put your baby to bed and sit up in nice surroundings for the evening if you didn't want to go out every night.

We took the girls to Turkey each time as we love it there.
I agree with previous posts but would like to add that maybe a short flight, eg mainland Spain, Majorca or Menorca, 2 hours -might be best for you this year. Hope you enjoy researching - I do!
I agree with Suzie, a short flight would be my choice (in fcat it was when mine were littlies)
along with The Algarve or Majorca as the destination.

And (speaking from experience) definitely go for an apartment, much better facilities for you and your baby.

I would look at one of the many private rental sites as alot of the apartments advertised
are really like a home from home, so you are sure of decent facilities which make life so
much easier with a young baby. Many also provide travel cots etc.

Good luck. :)
Hi,we first took our son away when he was 7 months,it was easier then than the following year cos he slept a fair bit and was quite happy sitting in the pram and looking around.The following year was much harder,he was into everything and had to be watched all the time.We went to Ibiza and had a fabulous time,.T.
We took one of ours abroad at 3 months. I would recommend you go self catering then you have control of the cleanliness and also have a kitchen for food preparation etc. We have some great photos of him having a bath in the apartment sink which we sometimes get out to embarrass him (he is now 19)! Be careful though, the reason he was 3 months old was the result of the previous year's holiday! :duh
the reason he was 3 months old was the result of the previous year's holiday! :duh

Aawww!
What a brilliant holiday souvenir! :love
Milly_Molly wrote:
the reason he was 3 months old was the result of the previous year's holiday! :duh

Aawww!
What a brilliant holiday souvenir! :love

Good job Beckham and Posh were not around in those days. They named their kids after where they were conceived! Hi De Hi junior would have been called 'Cala Millor'! :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.