Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
Welcome to the forums Natalie Anne :cheers

Have a browse through our resort reports whilst you're waiting for recommendations :-

I've been to Cala Galdana a few years ago and that was a nice little resort. Menorca tends to be very family orientated with hardly any groups of teenagers (well certainly not when we were there) & also fairly quiet.

If either of you drive I'd recommend hiring a car if your going for 2 weeks as the Island is small and it's very easy to drive around.
Hi :wave: The only resort(s) I would say to avoid would be those around the Cala'n Forcat area, so aswell as Forcat that includes Cala'n Blanes and Los Delfines.

Went to Cala Galdana last year which is a beautiful place and would definately recommend, fab beach but this does mean that finding a space can be difficult in peak season . It is quite a hilly resort but if you make sure you don't pick accomodation at the top of the hill you'd be fine.

Went to Cala'n Bosch the year before which is also nice, not as scenic as Galdana but has a nice marina to walk around in the evenings and a couple of beaches. Other nice resorts are Santo Tomas and Son Bou. You won't find any groups of rowdy teenagers in these resorts just mainly families with youngish children mostly.

Wherever you go on the island I highly recommend hiring a car as previously mentioned, as Menorca has so many lovely resorts and beaches to visit and so easy to get around.
Yes been to Son Bou and Cala n'Bosch and loved the island.

As suggested, hire a car it is such a lovely, safe and friendly place.
Menorca (thankfully ) does not suffer too much with "just like UK but with sun Tourism" so all resorts might be just your thing.

However as said by others the closest resorts to 'avoid' (though by comparison you might find they are nothing like in your 'nightmares' )

would be

Cala'n Forcat and Los Delfines, the only other place possible inclusion in that category might be Cala en Bosch. Its all relative though. Those resorts were built in questionable locations( read not so attractive , no natural beauty) and as such cater for package holiday industry - they also have the worst beaches.( again given the very high standard of beaches on Menorca )
Perhaps one of the inland towns would suit you best such as Ferrieres, Es Mercadal, Alaior or Es Migorn, all very Spanish/Menorcan away from the beach resorts but within easy reach if you want to spend time on the beach. Ciutadella has a very small beach but is a very beautiful unspoilt city in which to spend some time.

Regards
Menorca on the whole is not a "to british" island I agree with previous posts in that wherever you go you will not be overwhelmed with British pubs serving the "full english" all in all its a peaceful small island with plenty to see and do and not to far apart I have always stayed in Cala'n porter and found it a very happy little town but the same can be said for the whole island.
Personal highlights where going to the chapel at the top of El toro and the La Mola fort near Mahon.
Dave
You will love Binibeca Menorca

Perfect for a relaxing get away from it all holiday and the beach is fabulous at Binibeca Nou.

There is a small town Binibeca Vell which has a couple of Supermarkets and some lovely restuarants. We found it all very relaxing and would recommend

It is only a 20 minute ride away from the airport and about the same in a taxi to Mahon.

Hope that helps :-) 8)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.