Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
airport
9 Posts
Sorry, there's nothing special about Corfu airport. It's very small. TBH we were there 4 years ago but I can't remember much other than it was small.
Hi,

I have to agree with Shirley from what I can remember it wasn't big at all and had limited shops.

Nia x
Hi Mari

Corfu Airport or to give it it's full name Corfu Ioannis Kapodistrias International Airport is really very small, there is one duty free shop and one other shop plus a couple or so small Cafes.

:sun Due to the small size of the airport if you are flying in high season take a bottle of water with you on your return journey and be prepared to have to stand and queue outside the airport for some time before you are allowed to enter the terminal building and check-in.

If you are OK with a window seat try and get one as the views are superb when coming in to land on the runway that is built out in to the water.

Official website http://www.corfu-airport.com/
If you are OK with a window seat try and get one as the views are superb when coming in to land on the runway that is built out in to the water

We were on night flights both times we flew into Corfu airport. I remember one of the cabin crew jokingly stating that all their flights were night flights due to the fact that they didn't want us to panic when we saw we were coming down onto a narrow strip in the sea :D
we were told last year that all the pilots that fly into corfu have to have at least 10 years experiance.....the airport is,to be blunt,crap and was a nightmare last year for us,and i little tip,dont get a coffee from the kiosk across the road from the airport...they charge 12 euro for 2 very small and cold cups of coffee!!!!!!!
I enjoy flying into Corfu in daylight or night-time looking down on the island and town although on occasions a tight turn to line up with the runway causes my sinus to complain. At night the best approach is from the south flying along parallel to the coast road looking at the twinkling lights of the busy hotels and tavernas.
As for the return journey I suggest for refreshments you go up to the 1st floor cafe which is BEFORE going through security but AFTER checking in.
Otherwise you are stuck with the departure lounge refreshment facilities which are pretty uncomfortable. The 'duty-free' shop is quite small and more for emergency gifts so get your gifts in the resorts.
Hi, Corfu airport is very small, they changed it last year, the perfume shop is small, but sells loads, theres a place to get drinks and baguettes and pizza, queues are always long, but reasonable price, i do like the duty free shop, yeah its little, but they sell the perfume I cannot get at bham airport, and you have to queue outside, if you got morn flight, its baking hot, but last year, was the best we had had, we went straight in and plus you have to put your bags on to be weighed then take them off and take them to the xray machine, which causes a lot of hassle. Corfu airport has one of the shortest landing strips in the world, so prepare yourself for that lol, there will be a lot of gasps on the plane I am sure, but sidari and corfu are great and cannot wait to go back in august xx
A tip- dont ask for tea- (in airport) unless you like green tea- yuk!!!! But their toasties are lovely!!!

Belly
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.