Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Thamks. Have emailed Eden Tours, will post when/if I get a reply from them
Hello re taxi transfers - the other thing you could try is contacting your hotel. I know several couple who have booked independently with different hotels. The hotel has been only to happy to send a car to collect them. Worth a try
Starty
Just a quick update
We emailed Eden Tours as suggested and they got back to us within a couple of days. They quoted £55 for the transfer which we thought was fine.
However we phoned the hotel on Sunday (using http://www.telediscount.co.uk which charged 13p a minute and no subscriptions/cards strings - much cheaper than BT) and they will do the transfer for 80 dinars (£40) so we are going with that.
Will try and put a note as to how it went when we get back :wave
Hi there, how much would it be roughly for a taxi from Tunis airport to Hammamet?
Would it be more than £25?
I would have thought TD30 - TD40 (£15 -£20)
Because the hotel have said they can pick us up for 70 euro return (about £50) but don't know if they will be reliable on time etc so just wondered if it would be best to get a taxi.
Or is there a bus or train from Tunis Airport to Hammamet?
In May of this it cost 80,000 TD each way (about £40) from the airport to Yasmine Hammamet . The driver was waiting with our name on a board and it was a modern vehicle both ways. Very friendly and good value for 2 adults and 2 kids.
Eden tours, by comparision, would have been 110,00 TD for two adults (quote via emal(, but do not know about reliability
Has anyone experience of getting Taxis at Tunis Airport to Yasmine Hammamet, and the approx cost.

Also is there any difficulty in arranging Taxis back to the airport for an early flight.

Thanks
on the same topic - is it easy to get a taxi from Monastir airport to PEK, if so where from, and any idea of rough cost?
Much rather do this than get the coach and stop at all the hotels on the way...
Taxis galore at Monastir Kevin - they will be fighting for your custom! Do not pay more than TDN 22 to PEK and try to get it quite a bit cheaper - just remember 'la gali barcha' - no, too expensive. I paid 17 dinar going out last year (although he started off at 35) but 22 on the way back, but then the porter at the hotel called a taxi for me and I saw money change hands.

I haven't had a taxi from Tunis to Hammamet so can't help you there. I've used the louage from Sousse to Tunis. I'm going out to Sousse via Tunis on 30th October and just getting a taxi to the station and taking the train. I'll print off the train timetable before I go.
thanks As - one further question - if you agree a price, do you still tip on top?
It's entirely up to you. If you've got it for under 20 I would be inclined to top it up to that. Some time ago I was quoted TDN 6 for a taxi from Sousse to the airport which was very good. I gave the man a 10 dinar note and he tried to keep the change - shot himself in the foot though, as much to the amusement of all the other drivers I just held out my hand and kept it out until I had all the change back. :lol: If he had handed it over in the first place I would certainly have given him a good tip. :roll:
One more tip Kevin. If you don't want or need a porter at the airport just keep a tight hold on your cases or they will be grabbed and you will be expected to tip and at that stage you will be unlikely to have any small change (they do accept sterling though). You will need dinars for the taxi.
thanks for your help As
My pleasure Kevin - I want you to enjoy your holiday, with as few hassles as possible.
Hi,

What would the price be for a taxi from Tunis airport to the Albatros hotel in Hammamet?

Thanks,
Brad121
About £50.00 or the equivalent, Tunis is a long way from Hammamet. I would suggest taxi to the louage station in Tunis, then a louage, take about 2 hours and cost about 7TND to Hammamet, then a taxi the rest of your journey.

Cheaper and almost as quick as a private taxi all the way.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.