Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
A taxi could work out quite expensive, even after bartering. However, there is another option. Med Hotels have a transfer service which you can book from the UK and you don't need to have booked the accommodation through them. They don't go to all hotels, but they do to the Yasmine Beach and the cost is £3.76 per person each way. I've used them a couple of times from Tunis to Sousse and they are very reliable.

http://www.medhotels.com/transfer/tr_viewprice_search.asp?Lang=EN
Hi Aslemma

Thanks for the suggestion and the link to the site - very helpful!

Was it easy to locate the correct bus when you arrived at the airport? Do they hold up a sign with your name or something? What sort of buses are they? I mean like big ones or more like mini buses?

Also when you say that a taxis is likely to be expensive, can you give me a rough idea of the cost?

Cheers:)
They are more like mini buses usually and you will find the Med Hotels rep waiting for you in the Arrivals hall at the airport. They know the times your flight will arrive, so even when I've been delayed for over an hour they've been waiting for me. I've never stayed in Hammamet so can't give you any idea of taxi prices but the first time I tried the Med Hotels transfer was from Monastir to a hotel in Sousse and it cost me less than £3, whilst I'd have been lucky to get a taxi for less than 15 dinar (about £7) and Hammamet is considerably further. Before I discovered them a taxi once quoted me 75 dinar from Tunis to Sousse - I laughed and caught the train.
Most people pay around 100td from Monastir airport to Hammamet so it is well worth booking with Med Hotels, as Aslemma said. There will be a rep waiting in Arrivals with a Med Hotels board held up. They will confirm your name and tell you where the coach is. Depending how many people are booked with them, there will be a coach or a mini-bus. It's well worth doing as it is so cheap.
Incidentally, if your hotel isn't one which Med Hotel goes to, it is worth booking to the nearest one and either getting a taxi the rest of the way or, as I've done in the past, smilling nicely at the driver and asking if he could possibly take me to the one I want for 5 dinars! They've even dropped a friend off at her apartment.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.