Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
I did use Med Hotels for transfer from Monastir to Riadh Palms last month and found them excellent. The flight arrived nearly 3 hours late but they were waiting for me so I was impressed, especially for £2.02!! I've booked them again from Tunis to Borj Cedria in May, also £2.02. Returning to Monastir I took a taxi as usual but made the mistake of asking for the meter to be put on and somehow it came to over 19 dinars. :banghead: Obviously I remonstrated that it was far dearer than I'd ever paid but hadn't a leg to stand on as it was 'on the meter'. All transfers were in normal daytime hours, so I've learned my lesson and in future will either use Med Hotels or haggle for a decent price with the taxi driver. :roll:
Hi Pat
Just got back from my 2-month stay in Tunisia. Had a super time again and met up with Jenny & Frank in Mahdia and Pittie in Sousse.
Taxi fare from Sousse to the Airport will cost, when arranged, about 15 Dinars, so you didn't pay too much really.
Regards Gert-Jan
Hi Gert-Jan, The taxi fares have certainly gone up but 19 dinars was much more than I've paid on previous occasions, at least in the daytime. :roll: Glad you had a good time and I certainly envy you being able to spend two months out there. As you no doubt heard I met up with Jenny and Frank in Monastir but unfortunately missed Pittie by a few hours, though I spoke to her on the phone from the airport and I'm sure we'll meet up one day. I might even manage to meet up with you sometime. I'm hoping to incorporate a visit to the Douz Festival in my next trip, so that probably won't be until November, but I'm waiting for the dates for that to be published.
Regards, Pat
Hi Pat
According to Tunisia online the Sahara Douz Festival will take place from 8-11 November. (no year given)
Unfortunately, with some of these websites you'll never know whether they talk about THIS or LAST year.
I heard elsewhere that the dates had not been announced yet for this year so I'm not booking anything at present. We are also seriously :offtop so I suggest if either of us find out anything we can start another topic or send a PM. :smile:
I think the Douz Festival will be at the end of december 2008 (31 december)

See this link: http://www.afrika-welt-reisen.de/fliegdouz3wo.htm

Kind regards from the Netherlands,
Pittie
Hi Aslemma,

Maybe you can find something more about the exact dates with
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=douz+festival&hl=nl&start=10&sa= :think

Byeeeeeeeeee from Holland,
Pittie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.