Spain - Balearics - Menorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Menorca.
yeah exactly the same here, went to cala forcat in june last year and had 4 or 5 nasty bites, came home yesterday having spent 2 weeks in S'Algar and none of us suffered a single bite!
I was unlucky then, I got one on the first day, just the one :) ,I usually get a few, :yikes and hubby who is usually bitten to death, didnt get any!

not sure if son got bitten by ants, it was a funny round circle sort of rash, has anyone any idea what it could have been?
Hi Jackie, sorry can't help you with the rash, but how did you enjoy your holiday?
hya nicJw

Had a fab holiday thanks :tup, cant grumble about anything really, well except the Euro rate been so dire and the price of everything has shot up, but like you, we had a fab hol, and for the five of us, having a meal out every night with drinks, brunch twice, food from the supermarket, loads of euros spent on pool, kiddies rides etc, a boat trip, and water park we only spent £900 in the week, so not bad going really.

Cala en bosch is a brill place for families, isnt it. I would certainly go back again sometime.

I have posted a review of the Marinda Gardens and resort (but for some reason that hasnt been posted ??) I see youre going to Cala Galadana? next year, I bet you,re counting down already ;) We fancy trying ibiza, but are holding on because hubby is a brickie and works a bit iffy with the good old credit crunch :(
Hi Jackie, glad you enjoyed your holiday in Cala'n Bosch. Bet you're wishing you were back with all our rain we're having, I know I'm so fed up of getting soaked everyday.

I'm trying not to count down to the next holiday but can't seem to help myself (48 1/2 wks) can't wait. Fingers crossed you'll sort something out for next year.
Hi Nic & others,

I have bought some kiddies mozzie spray for my daughter, but going on your comments did not bother getting any for us :yikes Hopefully we wont get bitten t death!!

xx
Hi Sonias, hope the little blighters stay away for you then. It's not long til you go is it?
Hi Nic, Yes its 2 weeks today and I can't wait. Just glad I am not going with XL! Lets hope Thomas Cook are financially sound!! :offtop Anyway if the little buggers get me I will have to get something out there, but hopefully like when you went there will not be any.

x
Just luck that conditions meant they were not about , nothing to do with menorca's magic :-)

Expect and prepare! - Push all heavy breathers away from you. Mossies will be atrracted to you if you dont.
When to Menorca late May and you could set your watch that 9pm out came the mozzies.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.