Africa/Middle East Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Africa/Middle East inc.Dubai
I curently have a dispute on-going with dream ticket and I'm not a happy customer, presently until the situation is resolved I have to say that their customer service is very poor. I booked a 10 day holiday to Goa for next year.

There have been several errors since I booked this holiday with Dreamticket. I have now completely lost confidence in this company.

I initially had to pay a deposit, I was told £300 however £306 has been taken. And I noticed in the T's & C's that I only had to pay £150 for a deposit. I did question this when I made the payment, but it was kind of just dismissed. At this point I hadn't even had full confirmation of the hotels I was staying in for the trip.

Also I was charged £6 extra for using a credit card to pay the deposit even though I had used a debit card.

The main issue I have, is that I received an e-mail yesterday asking for a further £500 even though the booking form stated that it wasn't due until the 23rd of Januray. Again the T's and C's state that: - "If you have paid a deposit to secure your holiday, you must be aware that the outstanding balance due must be paid no later than 8 weeks prior to departure."

The holiday is booked for March and even the booking form emailed to me states the payment date of the 23rd of Jan! I was being asked for £800 in 10 days of booking the holiday.

Once I received the booking information, this is when I noticed the extra charge, the hotel address in India had a London address. And I was being asked for £500 after I had paid £306 no less than a week ago.

I have had very poor communications from the customer service agent who booked the holiday. I felt that once my money had been taken from me no effort or support was offered, there seemed very little interest.

I was that concerned I believed this was in fact an internet scam, this is due to the overcharge, then incorrect address details and then finally a request for extra funds a week after a payment had been made. No where was it written officially that I had to pay £500 pounds a week after paying the deposit.

I have asked for a full refund on the deposit I paid, so far this is not resolved.
We also are in the middle of a complaint with dream ticket. We recently travelled to Sri Lanka with them. They didn't book our accomodation for 2 nights, leaving us wondering until the last minute of each day of we actually had anywhere to stay each night, then downgraded our hotel for these nights and are trying to call it an upgrade. They also missed out or rushed and several parts of our tour. They have offered us £20 compensation saying we are over-demanding. I am now taking the complaint further to ABTA and have also contacted Watch dog. I suggest anyone else who has had a problem with them do the same, sounds like I am not the only one who they treat this badly, fingers crossed we will get more suitable compensation, if they want a battle, they have got one.

Stear clear!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.